- Also check our best rated Biography reviews
Haldane's "Daedalus" Revisited Hardcover – 9 Mar 1995
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
"The small size of this welcome book belies the depth and quality of the material . . . . Would be a useful addition to courses on the history of philosophy of science, because it challenges both scientist and layperson to reflect on the roles of science in society." --Choice"Few of the more controversial speculations by scientists on science and the future are worth revisiting but Haldane's Daedalus is an exception. Daedalus Revisited is a lively and pertinent contribution to the current debate."--New Scientist"Krishna Dronamraju has recruited a strong panel to comment on Daedalus from a modern perspective. The result is a very worthwhile book."--TIG
About the Author
Krishna Rao Dronamraju is President of the Foundation for Genetic Research, Houston, Texas. He is an Honorary Research Fellow of University College, London; a Visiting Professor of the University of Paris and the Jawaharlal Nehru University (New Delhi). He is also an Advisor to the White House and a Member of the U.S. Government's Recombinant DNA Advisory Committee, National Institutes of Health.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Essays, Journals & Letters
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Genetics
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry > Physical Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > History & Philosophy > History of Science
- Books > Science & Nature > Physics > Philosophy of Physics
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology > Genetics
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Chemistry
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences