on 10 October 2017
After reading noughts and crosses , I thought this would be for a young adult audience. It was not. Despite the main character being 14, she thinks likes she’s 10 and the book is very unrelatable for a 14 year old. I haven’t finished the book and I don’t think I will because everytimri read it , i just cringe so hard. I would recommend this book for a 7-11 year old as a nice transition between child and adult fiction genre.
review image
on 8 April 2015
Hacker by Malorie Blackman tells the story of Victoria Gibson, a girl adopted into the Gibson family when her parents died. Her adoptive father is accused of attempting to steal one million pounds from the bank he works at. Victoria doesn't believe that he is guilty and so ,using her advanced hacking and programming skills, begins to solve the mystery of who framed her father and why, along with her brother Gibson and his friend Chaucy.

Hacker is a brilliant page Turner, so much so that I read the whole book in a few hours without putting it down. It is a great read, a great mystery and I enjoyed it so much that I didn't want it to end.
on 26 December 2016
I chose this rating because the book is quality. It was worth the price. The thing that I liked is that it will make you feel like you are there watching everything that is happening. The thing that I didn't like was that it didn't include much background information like what happened to Maggie or what happened to Aunt Beth and Sebastian. I would recommend this book to anyone who can read it. I was captured in the steady pace of the book. In my opinion Victoria could be a little less emotional but I guess everyone is emotional and a little touchy at that age. I think that this book is a little too BORING an easily read for children 12 or older but when I'm older I'll still read it . Definitely a modern day classic.
on 15 April 2018
I got into this book fully and stayed up all night reading this. I seriously never thought someone could actually get into a book so much. Some poings made me cry. Victoria (Vicky) and Gib did a great job of not giving up to find Sebestian an Aunt Beth! I am 10 and i loved this book. Wouldn't read if younger than 10.
on 27 November 2017
i couldn't put this book down once i started! great value for money and arrived quickly. five stars malorie blackman. i woud recommend this for age 7+ and anyone interested in computer programming.
on 18 August 2017
This book is one of my favourite books because its all about a mystery and GiB and Vicky have to hack into the bank to prove their dad is innocent a must buy book
on 20 May 2017
Fast delivery excellent book. The author has my child and the whole family gripped.
on 22 December 2017
I would highly recommended this book to 8+ this is the book thatt made me love reading. I really like this book because of its many genres .I don't know how she fitted them all in to such a small book.

Hope this review helped you.

have fun reading
on 30 June 2017
Great
on 9 March 2015
Excellent book, a real page turner. I enjoyed it (as a 45 year old) and now my 10 year old is reading it with pleasure too. I have a computing background, and thought the description of mainframe computing was very clear - although you could easily skip it and still enjoy the book for the 'whodunnit' part of it.