- Audio Download
- Listening Length: 1 hour and 37 minutes
- Program Type: Audiobook
- Version: Abridged
- Publisher: Simon & Schuster Audio
- Audible.co.uk Release Date: 27 Feb. 2004
- Language: English
- ASIN: B002SQ6UHQ
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
- #73 in Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference > Politics & Social Sciences > Psychology
- #321 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Adolescents
- #493 in Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Teenagers
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Teens Audio Download – Abridged
|New from||Used from|
|Audio Download, Abridged, 27 Feb 2004||
|Free with your Audible trial|
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
The temptation for us as parents is to assume that we know it all; we've been there, done it and made plenty of mistakes so our children don't have to. As practicing coaches, we are perhaps in greater danger of assuming we are `all knowing'. Not only do we have our own life experience to draw on, we are equipped with lots of techniques to help our kids to get it right by working things out for themselves. In reading this book, as parent and coach, I was struck by how easy it is not to put our theories into practice when it comes to our closest relationships. Much of the book is common sense stuff we sort of already know. Unfortunately, even as knowledgeable adults we need to have it spelled out, to spend time actually thinking about it and even more time putting it into effect.
The book tackles some meaty issues pertinent to teenagers, such as relationships, sex, addictions, family background etc. in a way that is both rational and empathetic. It acknowledges that in life we have to tackle some difficult stuff and have to work hard at creating a fulfilling life. However the book gives many tools to assist in this process and sources of further assistance.
In my opinion, the book is excellent! My only (very minor) criticism is that some of the language and anecdotes are rather American, which could slightly alienate a wider audience. However, this book is not aimed at me. Our teenagers are probably very familiar with American culture and comfortable with the language used. I will seek my daughter's opinion when she has read the book.Read more ›
This book has taught me how to be a better person and be confident with myself. It's easy reading and is broken down into readable sections. There are cartoons and 'Baby Steps' to help you quickly apply and start using the information.
I would really really really reccommend this book to everyone. Even skim reading, this book will give you everything you need to change your life for the better. From helping you get on with your parents to being anything you want to be, this book has it all!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
My 15 y old son loves it, but also useful for parents.
It gives a list of recommended family movies - a good opportunity to learn from valuable films for some reason.
great for young people, the workbook really helps with it. the book was in great condition.Published 9 months ago by Amazon Customer
I love this book; Sean follows his Dad's principles but they are oh so much more accessible. Definitely not just for teenagers!Published 10 months ago by DeniseJ
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Business, Finance & Law > Careers > Job Hunting
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Families & Parents > Raising Children > Teenagers
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Counselling > Adolescents
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Self Help > Practical & Motivational
- Books > Young Adult > Education & Reference > Politics & Social Sciences > Psychology