Customer reviews

on 20 March 2014
Wow what a book!! I loved this from start to finish. It is a great story and you feel so much for Katie and all she has endured over her life. Thank goodness she had Matt to support her. I would highly recommend reading this and the other books in the series.
on 30 September 2014
it was a gripping story from the start. ful of twists turns and love and sadness, inspiration and I really enjoyed it. just like the first book by this author. my overall opinion .... buy it now.
on 30 May 2017
Fantastic book gripping from the start Matt was wonderful and Kathie was so strong. I've read 2 books in this series so far and they are all well written. Can't wait to read the others.
on 10 February 2015
This is the first book I have read by this author and I loved it. It was a recommendation by one of the book clubs and it was so up my street. I honestly think Matt is my new book hero, he is everything you could possibly want, heroic, honest, steadfast, loyal, gentle with a slight fragility, and determined, and did I happen to mention he's also HOT! Katie is a lonely soul who's been beaten and broken yet is still on her feet fighting. Their story is one of courage, love and above all trust. Katie's never had anyone to trust and love so breaking down her walls isn't easy or straight forward, but Matt believes she is worth it. He seems to know just what she needs and when she needs it. I loved how he tamped down his anger so as not to scare her, but wasn't afraid to stand his ground when he had to for her own good. Katie's life just about broke my heart and wasn't always an easy read, and when she cried that first time I'm not ashamed to say I cried right along with her. What was apparent throughout the story was that Matt didn't fall in love with her because she'd had a tragic life, it was because he valued the woman she had become because of it. It was truly a fabulous find and these characters and their story will stay with me.
on 26 March 2013
Really enjoyed this . Romantic , gripping, and it was great meeting up with characters from the last story kidnapped. Definitely a big improvement in the proof reading!!
on 15 June 2013
had to sit up till 3 in the morning to finish it. excellent story and characters would certainly recommend this author
on 21 July 2014
Fantastic. Could not stop reading and wanted more. I was so drawn to the characters.
on 2 November 2015