on 22 January 2012
First of al I would say that despite it's name the book is not really a cookbook. This is rather a tutorial, teaching the reader how to use computer graphics in HTML5 canvas context.
The book covers the following topics:
* Common computer graphics approaches and algorithms;
* HTML5 Canvas 2D API;
* CSS3 transformations;
* Working with video and images;
* WebGL 3D graphics usage;
* Computer game development approaches.
* The book is readable by people with literary no experience in computer graphics programming.
* Coding examples are simple and yet interesting.
* Inspiring 2D action game creation tutorial describing widely used game development techniques.
* Some of the code snippets are too lengthy.
I would recommend this book to people with some experience in Web technologies, but without computer graphics background and no knowledge of emerging HTML5 features such as Canvas, CSS3 and WebGL. This book will be a great guide for you to get started with common approaches of adding interactive graphics to your application. Do not expect that you will become a canvas professional after finishing this book, but this is an excellent material for entering the path of becoming one.