on 10 January 2017
You've made me lose nearly a week of work due to your RECONDITIONED (Badly may I add) phones that are of a terrible quality and sold AS NEW.
Fake screen, cracked within a day, having previously owned a legitimate M7 they're hardy screens.
Battery has lasted less than 7 days, probably never replaced during your repair, then selling as new and costing people days of pay.
I want my money back and an apology.
Item is being returned via Collect+ Tomorrow and If no apology has been received i'll be taking it further in terms of the false advertising and what is an effectively fake product being sold as new.
Time wasters.
on 4 December 2016
Advertised as New. Dies at 38% battery. Paid 180 for an M7. Am convinced that it is reconditioned.
on 19 March 2017
Had ot for 6 mounths and then it blew up .
on 25 October 2013
I've chewed my way through iPhones (my last was the iPhone 4), and have just waved goodbye to a shattered Samsung Galaxy S3 after 1.5 years' of service. This HTC One hardware knocks the polyester socks off the S3. It's incredibly fast and slick, the screen is great (and much easier to read in sunlight than the S3). I'm already stocked up with Android apps, so the whole process of setting it up was very efficient. I didn't really appreciate Blinkfeed taking up a whole screen and not being able to remove it, so I've skinned Android with Nova, and all is good in the world.
I do wish there was a slot for micro-SD, but the 32GB onboard isn't limiting me just yet, and I have used USB On-the-Go previously (allowing me to access files on an external USB drive), so it's not a deal breaker.
Battery life has proved to be a little better than average (still my first week so I should imagine that will improve).
It's quite a slippery piece of kit, however, so I would recommend getting a cover ASAP to avoid the horrible fate that befell my S3.
Thoroughly recommend it, especially as it's significantly cheaper than its two nearest rivals (Samsung Galaxy S4 and iPhone 5S) for the same amount of storage. This is a joy to use.
22 Comments| 8 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 April 2017
Horrible phone. Less than 1 year and it's constantly switching off and been like that for hours, no charge, no switching on again until the following day.
on 14 May 2014
too be honest i want a fan of getting this phone as I've owned every iPhone up to the 5s. But due to the lack of new design and the constantly breaking charging apple leads, i'd had enough. At first i brought the samsung s4, which was hands down better then every iPhone, however the poor battery life is just too much to bear. Although the samsungs features and beautiful screen to watch movies with was truely in a different class from other handsets. So i turned to what was called the best phone ever, i never had a h&c before and was really looking to venture out of the samsung apple bubble, but the reviews where all praising with no negative feedback. So i got this one, first and foremost it is the best value for money, secondly i would say its only challenger is the samsung s4 apple are living in the stone age and have taken all their customers for a ride with their old home screen set up and functions. Its as if the people at hTc have thought about every thing and catered to the customer completely. It is a metal framed handset with BEATS speakers! Looks like quality feels like quality. Great battery life and blink feed is very very helpful. as well as the other functions. Only draw back is the photo quality doesn't beat the samsung on that level.
on 9 August 2013
I was more than a little worried buying this phone as i have been an iphone user for years but my fears have been well and truly smashed. This phone is a marvel and am amazed at how much they have managed to get into it. I have only had it 2 days and am loving it. I have even discovered i can use it as a remote control for my tv and tivo box.

I also worried about getting my contacts etc off my iphone and onto new phone but it turned out to be a breeze after having to google why my iphone refused to pair with it using bluetooth but it turned out to be entirely the iphones fault so ijust backed it up in itunes and the htc copied eveything from there simple.It even was able to transfer whatever music i wanted from itunes too.

This phone has released me from the straight jacket apple had me it for years and i certainly wouldnt even consider going back.

Although it is much larger than i am used to it is surprising light. They even supply a decent set of earphones with the phone and the sound quality is very good too
22 Comments|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 20 September 2017
It's a nice looking phone, good build quality, apps run well etc. Except for one small problem, it is absolutely rubbish at picking up a signal. I bought this to replace a cheap mobile I bought as a stop gap as I needed one in a hurry, but given that it was cheap and temperamental, it easily picked up a signal in locations where the HTC would completely fail.
on 30 January 2014
I originally was going to give only 3 stars as I started having problems with the phone the minute I opened the box.For some reason the phone was despatched in SAFE MODE. Once I had transfered over all the stuff from my old HTC One X the phone required an update to the system software. I did this as normal then it crashed on me. I had to reboot it which took it out of safe mode and then repeated the whole process once again. This time it all worked fine and so far is working as normal.

As for the phone it is a quality piece of technology. The screen is top notch as well as the operating system, and it looks sooo cool. Its a little heavier than other brands but thats not a bad thing. You need to fit a good quality silicone cover to prevent marking the aluminium case which could be more durable.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 October 2013
..it's worth making the jump with this phone!

It's a stunner of a phone and only let down by it's extremely poor battery life. The battery drains like there is no tomorrow, but this has to be down to the amount of widgets, apps and all running in the background, but still this should have been better. The other gripe is not so much with the phone but probably with the Android OS and WIFI - since I have had this phone, suddenly my router has been playing up - all other devices connect ok via WIFI but this phone seems to get into a pickle and drops the connection, and now my router needs rebooting every so often.

Anyhow, those are the negatives, onto the positives, and by gosh there are so many!
- The feel of the phone is beyond premium - the iphone feels cheap compared to this piece of kit. My other half has the 5s and it's not even in the same league.
- The screen display is crisp and simply stunning - its beautiful having the edge to edge display on the sides - gives it a better look. And the size of the phone is just right - I dont have the largest hands but this is just ok, anymore taller would have been a struggle. But the video and pictures are a delight to see.
- The HTC software is amazing - I knew I would love BlinkFeed and dont I just. I have read articles on it that I otherwise wouldnt have. The only downside is that you cannot customize Blinkfeed to stream content from other sources - it's fixed - I am hoping that would change
- HTC Zoe - what a marvel! No more saying to people, "oh damn I need to take another photo because you have your eyes shut" - this little beauty takes care of that, and with young kids I tell u, it saves so much time! And the camera itself is brilliant in terms of the pictures. However beware in very low light - you will get purple coloured pictures!
- The sound - BOOM! Very loud,and when you turn off the beats audio you can feel the difference. I use to turn up the Iphone on full volume to listen to podcasts and even then it wasnt loud enough.

The latest fad update from Apple made me switch to HTC, and as an Apple shareholder I don't regret it one bit. Lets face it, Apple will continue to get the fanbois buying their latest offering and if Apple come out with a bigger phone I may consider it, but with Android now coming on leaps and bounds, and the way this phone has been designed, with immaculate detail to hardware and the software, I see myself sticking with this phone for at least a year. Unless a rival comes out with a revolutionary design like a folding screen, this phone will stay on top of the smartphone world by a country mile - and deservedly so. If HTC improve the battery, shove in more ultra-pixels and open up things like their Blinkfeed, the HTC one will not be beaten for a very long time.