on 3 August 2010
Arrived safely and works well.
My cable is for recharging only. This means that the phone thinks its connected to the mains so it charges quicker than with some other chargers BUT it means you can't use the cable for data transfer.
Not a problem in a car but, if you need an emergency cable for those odd occasions when you need to transfer data, you need to get the excellent cable from Xylo as well.
on 20 July 2010
Good genuine product, does exactly what is says on the tin. The htc logo glows white when connected to the power. Bought this for my HTC HD2 and HTC Desire.
on 20 January 2011
I had an unbranded charger that worked for my HTC HD2 but didn't work on my HTC Desire HD..

This charger did the trick.. Marvellous!
on 4 June 2011
For a genuine HTC item this is very poor. In short it never worked properly, despite trying it in 2 phones and 4 different types of car it would not charge my Desire S. Have now purchased a generic charger which works fine. On a positive note the seller provided a very quick refund.
on 26 January 2011
I received this HTC CC C200 Car Charger, which I'd intended to use with my HTC Desire. It's apparently genuine, with the HTC logo and "Model: CC C200" printed on the side of it, and there's an HTC logo on the front which lights up when powered.

However, in my car (Saab 9-3, 2002) this device would not charge continuously. If pushed firmly into the cigarette lighter socket, the HTC logo would light up and it would charge my phone, but then the slightest knock (e.g. when changing gear) or bump in the road would make it lose contact, the logo would go out and charging would stop. I can't say if it's this particular unit that's faulty or whether the CC C200 is just poorly designed and fits only certain cars, but either way it doesn't work for me - it doesn't charge my HTC Desire reliably. (I have other devices that plug into the cigarette lighter socket and they all work without problems, so it's not the socket that's at fault.)

I've now returned this product for a refund, and have ordered a different 5V 1A car charger and micro-USB cable:

CAR CHARGER USB ADAPTOR IPOD NANO / TOUCH / IPHONE 3G 3G S 3GS / IPHONE 4 / IPAD / TOUCH 2 / TOUCH 3 / TOUCH 4 PART OF THE QUBITS ACCESSORIES RANGE

Belkin Hi-Speed 2.0 Micro USB Cable, USB A to Micro B, 1.8m

Hopefully I'll have more success with these.
55 comments| 12 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 May 2011
I bought this for my partner as the pathetic battery life of the HTC Desire phone meant that her mobile was always running out of power. This is perfect for topping-up the battery whilst out-&-about (or when using satnav), & isn't too expensive... Except that the coiled lead supplied with the adaptor didn't work! Luckily it can be swapped for the straight charging/data lead that comes with the phone - which is also longer - in the same way that the mains adaptor head can be attached to the USB lead.
on 6 March 2011
Similar in design to the HTC mains charger, the official in-car charger consists of two separate components:-

* The micro USB cable to connect your phone to the charger.
* The charger itself that plugs into the cigar lighter in the vehicle.

First things first, the cable. It is of 'coiled' design, so it can stretch and won't get tangled, but it is simply too short to be of any practical use. When I'm driving, I like to position my phone out of my field of view on the windscreen - down on the bottom right hand corner - but this cable doesn't reach. In order to use the supplied cable, I would have to position my phone in the centre of the windscreen, thus obstructing my vision. A work-around is to use a USB cable extension, but I don't understand why the supplied cable isn't long enough to allow positioning of the phone anywhere other than directly in the centre of the windscreen - cost-cutting measures on the manufacturer's part I suppose!

Now onto the charger unit. It looks great, with a little HTC logo that lights up white when plugged in. It fully charges the phone as advertised, even when I have GPS switched on, with the screen at full brightness and all my auto-updates enabled. BUT - and yes that's an upper-case BUT - the fitting is very very loose. I have had several in-car chargers before, all of which plug in and work without any fuss whatsoever. With this one though, in order to make connection, I have to *really* push the charger into the cigarette lighter with some force, and the mere act of driving down the road is enough to cause the charger to become disconnected. This means that on any given journey, I am constantly having to check that the charger is connected and charging my phone.

I love my HTC phone and everything about it (except for the battery life!), but this official in-car charger needs some further work and thought before it is worthy of a better rating - must try harder, HTC.
on 16 September 2010
maybe its just my car(rover400), but it only works if you physically push it an extra few mm into the lighter socket making it pretty useless. haven't had this issue with any other in car charger and if I compare it to my old Nokia one there's definitely less metal to contact with. pretty annoying as I wanted a genuine one.
on 12 November 2015
Not sure it this is really htc's fault, but needed a better charger for my htc one x, as it drains power faster than a standard car charger can deal with, looking at forums it appeared the htc's one x has the same charger as the desire etc, However on arrival its only a 1 amp, does not keep up with the phones power requirements, even plugged in the phone can run out of power. (phone works fine on house charger)
on 19 May 2013
This charger looks genuine however if it is then HTC have dropped the ball, in a 2 hour car journey it will only at 5% charge to my phone and actually if I need to use sat nav or maps etc then it still loses charge.
As with other reviewers no point in returning due to cost and hassle.
I would steer clear of this one