HP TouchPad 9.7 inch Tablet PC (16GB, Glossy Black) - UK Version
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Flick, stack and move seamlessly between open apps with the multitouch screen with 18-bit colour (1024 x 768)
- Get your online contacts, calendars and photos updated automatically with HP Synergy
- Simply start typing to begin just about anything thanks to the 'Just type' function
- The ultimate in entertainment with Beats Audio and Adobe Flash Player
- Move information between webOS devices like magic using Touch to Share
Interest-free monthly payments and other finance options may be available on eligible orders of items sold by Amazon totalling £400 or more. Finance provided by Hitachi Personal Finance. Interest may be payable. Learn more
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
Rocks Like Nothing Else
The new HP TouchPad is designed to work like you. Letting you connect, play, surf and share more easily.1 No barriers. No complications. Just a seamless flow from one thing to the next. TouchPad. There's nothing like it.
Works like nothing else
Work with Microsoft Office files and collaborate with colleagues using Google Docs or Box.net.1
Print wirelessly to compatible networked HP printers.10
Use Microsoft Exchange mail with Microsoft Direct Push Technology; POP3/IMAP (Yahoo! Mail, Gmail, AOL, Hotmail etc) Integrated IM and SMS.
Browse the full web at blazing speed with support for the latest web technologies, including Adobe Flash.1,6
Plays like nothing else
Download films and TV shows, play games, view photos and read magazines.9
Listen to music the way the artist intended, with Beats Audio - amazing sound quality, only from HP.9
Access thousands of books from Amazon's Kindle Store.
Things that work together, work better. Connect and share across devices.1 HP TouchPad is part of a growing family of webOS devices designed to keep you better connected.
Share a website from your HP Pre3 with TouchPad simply by touching the devices together.5 And vice versa—start reading a blog on TouchPad, then grab your smartphone and take it to go.
Receive text messages and answer phone calls on your TouchPad so you don't miss a thing.3,4 Even print right from where you're standing.10 We're building more connected devices so you can have a more connected experience.
Works the way you do
People work on more than one thing at a time. That is why we have designed WebOS to handle all the things you want to do, all at once. TouchPad gives you a simple, natural way to move from one thing to the next and enables you to have related activities automatically grouped together into card stacks.
In sync with your life
Get your contacts, calendars, messages, photos and email automatically synced from sources like Facebook, Google and Microsoft Exchange.7 Sign into your Facebook, Google and Microsoft Exchange accounts and information populates the device like magic.
Keep multiple emails open at once. View work and personal messages together or separately.7 Scroll through your inbox in one pane while working on an email in another.1
Facebook friends’ birthdays show up in your contacts; Work and personal calendars appear side by side; IM and text messages are combined in a single conversation.12 Everything organised in single views so you only need to go to one place to find what you want.
See your photos from places like Facebook, Snapfish and Photobucket all in one place, complete with friends' comments.1
Receive notifications, not disruptions
Receive a snapshot of new messages, email and events without being disrupted.1 You see the subject of an email or the first few words of a text message. Simply touch the notification on your tablet, and go right to the app to read and reply. Act on what's important—ignore what's not.
Just Type. No thinking required
Start an email, create a message, update your status, search the web – all without having to launch an app.1 Whenever you want to do something on TouchPad simply start typing. Think about what you want to do, not how you have to do it.
Charges like nothing else
Recharging, reinvented. HP Touchstone. Place your TouchPad on the dock and it charges automatically, without wires getting in the way. Adjust the viewing angle to multiple positions, and enjoy watching your videos, reading books, and more whilst your device is charging in either portrait or landscape position. Launch your Facebook photos, today's agenda or other content you choose using Exhibition Mode.11,12
Shares like nothing else
Move information between devices like magic. Instantly share a website with your HP Pre3 simply by touching the two together.5 Or transfer one from your phone to your tablet and continue reading on a larger screen. HP webOS devices are designed to work even better together, giving you a better experience on both.
Talks like nothing else
Be there, video calling. Have a face-to-face conversation on a large, vibrant screen.8
Apps at your fingertips
There are already thousands of great apps for HP webOS, and we’re adding tons of features for app developers to help bring you more amazing experiences. Enjoy apps for social networking, health and fitness, productivity, finance, 3D games--you name it. And the redesigned App Catalog makes it even easier to find the hottest apps out there.
1. Within wireless coverage area only. Actual speeds may vary. Email, mobile number and related information required for setup and activation. Required data services sold separately; unlimited plan recommended and may be required. Not all web content may be available.
2. Performance varies based upon actual usage.
3. Voice service requires separately purchased service contract. Availability may vary by carrier.
4. Within wireless coverage area only. SMS requires data services at additional cost.
5. Requires HP TouchPad with webOS 3.0 and Pre3 or Veer with webOS 2.2 or higher, both products having the same HP webOS Account. Viewing URL web page content requires data connection via Wi-Fi or cellular connection. Within wireless coverage area only.
6. Supports a beta of Adobe Flash Player 10.1.
7. Within wireless coverage area only. Microsoft Exchange email, contacts and calendars available for ActiveSync only; requires Microsoft Outlook using Exchange Server 2003 with SP2, Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010.
8. Check with carrier for video calling availability and restrictions.
9. Third-party software available separately. Within wireless coverage area only. Requires data services at additional cost. Not all apps available on all devices.
10. The webOS print solution will support all network-capable HP printers that support PCL page description language in the local LAN. These printers include new HP ePrint-capable printers—Photosmart, Officejet and LaserJet—as well as legacy printers approximately 5 years old or newer. ePrint requires an Internet connection to the printer. Feature works with any Internet- and email-capable device and will require a firmware upgrade. Print times may vary. For a list of supported documents and image types, see www.hp.com/go/ePrintCenter.
11. HP Touchstone sold separately.
12. Displayed preferences require user setup.
32GB Class 10 Micro SD Card
Certified Frustration-Free Packaging
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
With these things in mind, I went for the HP Touchpad and am very confident I made the right choice. Even better, when I came to buy it on Amazon it was about 40% cheaper than the iPad! My husband is absolutely thrilled with it, and has rarely been without it since receiving it. The great thing about it is when you turn it on it comes to life instantly, no waiting around for things to load up, you can be on the internet within one second of switching it on. The games you can download are great, the picture quality and graphics are seriously impressive.
Overall I think this tablet was superb value for money.
The TouchPad once updgraded to it's latest operating system (3.0.2) is an awesome device, nice and fast, real multitasking and has a very good homebrew community (google Pre Central, I have already overclocked my device to 1.5ghz). The app store is relatively small, but it contains many of the big name games and all the apps I have downloaded so far are high quality and have not felt dissapointed. The Facebook app and Email app are awesome.
This is the perfect tablet for someone not looking to shell out £400 to browse the web comfortably, and the synergy of the system allows you to import all your contacts from gmail, hotmail, yahoo, facebook, linkedin etc. and automatically combines contacts that are in all the other places (so you dont get 4 contact entries because they ar ein hotmail, gmail, and facebook etc.)
There are a lot of reviews here for 1 star, but they are complaining about Amazon prices etc instead of reviewing the actual item itself. And please be aware that HP has stopped supporting the TouchPad hardware NOT the software, which means you will still see operating system updates and new apps in the catalogue. (Love the pivot magazine system they have for the app store)
An update on the review. HP had a firesale where the 32GB was on offer for £115. I was disgusted and emailed HP to let them know how I felt, just as well I did as I found out HP were giving cashback on the difference for those who paid full price. I made my claim for the £364 difference, I provided all they asked and HP reneged on the offer, it took the threat of legal action for them to repay me, not cool HP, you should have paid up without that threat. The money was repaid quickly, but, anyone who bought a full priced Touchpad before mid August should check out the refund program on HP.com. But, be quick as it closes end of this month. The item is still awesome and to get it for £115 was a bargain despite the hassle.
After two days of playing with my TP I am so happy with it.I wont say that it is totally intuitive to use but its pretty near.
Lots of apps in the HP store and out in the WebOS community and speed and functionability are first class.
It looks high quality and the viewing experience is superb.
I am so glad I went for this Pad rather than the Android cheapies out there.
I paid a bit more than some of the prices quoted from the apres HP announcement in late summer but this baby rocks and BTW,the sound quality is the best of all those to which I have listened-better than iPad.
I think that the prices are now rising because of scarcity;so if you want a top quality tablet,look no furthur.
PS.And I have my Kindle app on it also:-))
- Google "homebrew touchpad" - figure out how to clock it up. Got mine at 1.7GHZ and its soooo much smother.
- Realise it aint perfect, the app market is not bad but there are not many good quality free apps. Video playback is poor with the in device app, I am still searching for something that works here.
- Did I say clock it up!
Great device for web/email - hopefully for movies. Still needs a RDP client, think thats on the wish list of most touchpad users.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Having bought mine at a knocked down price, I have to say it's not a bad product. For the best results install android (look on line).
The best feature are the speakers. Read more
I was after a tablet to take with me for use at home and while travelling with a nice big screen, bluetooth, good sound and android capabilities. Read morePublished 6 months ago by Anita
Faulty item received. Item returned and have lost money in postage..Published on 22 Aug. 2014 by Vivekkumar Tiwari
After receiving it, I sent it back again the same day. Felt like cheap plastic and webOS was buggy and slow on the device.Published on 28 Jun. 2014 by Helena Nijns
Did not meet requirements, difficult to set up with WiFi. Altogether very disappointing. Wouldn't recommend unless you like gto spend hours trying to set up.Published on 15 April 2014 by Ferry
I thought. I,d bought a pup and was very disappointed, would not allow updates or installations. Then I installed "cyanogen 10.1". Read morePublished on 23 Oct. 2013 by Glyn