Customer reviews

HP 124A Magenta Original LaserJet Toner Cartridge (Q6003A)
Size: Standard|Colour: Magenta|Change

on 24 March 2016
Although this came with a leaflet saying 'genuine and original item' I'm not 100% convinced it's not recycled. It wasn't packed in the original HP box, but saying that I have had other cartridges similarly packed which have been original. This had the pull tab in place but it was longer than the usual tabs. What's really making me doubt it's original is that the print is ghosting on my paper which looks terrible. I've never ever experienced this before with HP originals. It's unusable and I've had to throw it away, not happy!
review image
on 5 June 2014
Very prompt delivery via courier. Item exceedingly well-packaged -- actually quite difficult to break into, taking account of the parcel taping. I was forewarned on the delivery note that it might have been resealed, and my suspicions were aroused. However, when I eventually peeled my way inside the cardboard box (one knife-stab later), I found the cartridge was in HP Original, sealed, plastic bubble wrap. I've only just loaded it into my laserjet, gone through the cleaning process several times, and printed out about 20 PDFs - so it's early days to comment on the longevity of the toner. However, the printouts are fine and there was no 'eek! this is a fake!' warning message from the printer, so I'm about to order a second replacement cartridge (cyan) from the same supplier.
on 19 December 2015
HP toner cartridges are head and shoulders the best toner cartridges I've found. I've tried the re-manufactured or white labelled cartridges before but always end up coming back to the genuine toner carts. They always print more sheets that HP advertise and there is never any mess when opening them up and inserting them into the printer, or removing them.
on 19 June 2015
It arrived quite quickly - packaging OK - I have not yet put in the printer, because the box was "open / broken" - the normal sealed plastic wrapping which holds the cartridge was torn open. Therefore I am a little concerned!! Watch this space. . .
on 8 October 2013
Yes it works, but you are advertising it as the real thing, including HP box cover, but this is not rue it came in a re-manufactured box.
Yes, its cheap, so what should I expect

It prints, but also uses too much ink and hence printer will not clean properly and leaves a ghost image on every page printed.

Would I buy again, no I would pay more money for the real thing, but I think I was misled with the way it was both shown and described
on 31 March 2015
It is certainly an HP Product. Would i buy it again? NEVER. HP are ripping consumers off. Cartridges now cost more than the original machine. And when their machine goes wrong - your are left with extorionate cartridge costs that did not fix the problem. Previously (10 years or so) I would have only bought HP. Now I would never buy HP.
on 30 September 2015
It's an HP toner cartridge, not a lot to review really apart from the fact they are ever reliable and always print more pages than their marketing material says they will.
on 14 April 2015
I have bought re-filled cartridges before and had disastrous results when they exploded ink all over the inside of my printer. This printer cartridge has worked really well and I've had no issues...
on 13 May 2016
Excellent item. Easy to replace in my laser printer and the instructions are clear. Packaged very well. I would recommend.
on 29 December 2015
Good product as opposed to refills which we have now rejected after expensive failures. Outmoded tech, but keeps our laser printer going.