Customer reviews

HP 920XL High Yield Magenta Original Ink Cartridge (CD973AE)
Style: High Yield|Colour: Magenta|Change

on 18 June 2012
Bought this "genuine" cartridge thinking it would not be a problem at all (I also used the cartridges from that big auction site - but needed a new chip as the old one stopped working).

Installed this and first thing I know the printer starts throwing an error+asks me to take out the cartridges and install them again.

I opened the printer door and took out the cartridge and it was leaking all over.

After half an hour of wiping the printer, the printhead then washing my hands, I try to install it again and same thing.

Call Amazon, as usual they were amazing, and it's on it's way back.

*** Never *** again a HP printer (check my other review), TYVM.
on 1 June 2016
I have bought many of these in the past and the ink in this one has not lasted for even a month - and there hasn't been a huge amount of printing done to warrant it running out so quickly. I log each time the cartridges are replaced and the last one of these lasted from Dec 2015 to the beginning of May 2016. I haven't done 5 months of printing in one month - very disappointed.
on 23 May 2015
I buy these for our HP 7500 E910 printer/copier/scan/fax machine. We tend to get around 400'ish pages of mixed full colour text and pics printing before the HP Printer software tells us they're ALL running out... not just the 'yellow' one or the 'blue' one... but ALL of them... and because of that, I've never ever had the opportunity to buy any of the cartridges individually so this ends up being my default purchase. Doesn't feel like fabulous value... but what genuine printer consumable ever does!? Print quality is excellent though... can't fault that....
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 January 2017
What can I say? It's the ink I need for my printer. It's not a bad price, it produces a pretty good quality print, although I wouldn't use the printer I have for photos. It does the job.

Also don't believe the people who keep saying that this is 'fake' ink. It's the same stuff you'd buy in the shops, or have sent directly from HP it just cost a couple of quid less.
on 16 November 2015
This is the second time I have ordered from this company. This time the combo pack came as a single black cartridge with a good ink date. The colour cartridges came in a office jet value box which also included 50 sheets of Matt HP paper to make presentation sheets with all the ink dates being August 2015 therfore already several months out of date. I have installed all the cartridges and they have been recognised as original HP cartridges and so far they are printing ok but again it is early days. Only time will tell if these fail like some other customers have reported.
on 7 October 2013
Cartridges do not come in the hp packaging, but of a generic type. They are refills. The colours worked ok and went into the printer OK. The black one poured ink out onto my desk and hands and never got near my printer! I obtained a replacement from the supplier, eventually, who asked me to return the faulty one. They did not send a bag for this return. I asked for a bag but have never sent it. I still have the faulty item. The new one is OK. I am very nervous about using this supplier again. I could so easily have ruined my printer. Their level of service is not to be recommended.
on 10 October 2015
It's unbelievable how much ink printers continue to guzzle after all these years. Amazing how little technology has changed to that end. Thankfully, cartridges are always right at hand for us to pay for!

Can't fault the quality of the product, though. Use it with my HP Officejet 7000 Wide Format Printer, and it works perfectly well.
on 27 February 2012
I think these are economical ink cartridges, particularly the black. The printer they go in is a pile of junk but the ink itself is relatively economical for an inkjet and does produce good colours. The black lasts ages, I don't have a page estimate but we print a lot of educational texts bought as pdfs and these cartridges will print a lot of pages. I considered switching to a laser but found there wasn't a significant saving and while the printer struggles on I will be happy to buy these cartridges. I do think HP make their money from the ink rather than the printers, and it is pretty hard to find these cartridges cheap.
on 22 May 2015
This is the first time I've a genuine HP ink cartridge failed me. The black ink is not working even if it shows it is full, no ink comes out.
It's got 3 stars because the other inks are fine. Now I have to buy another one and I will change printer brands if it fails again. I don't need this aggravation at work.
on 7 June 2017
Just opened my package to put the ink in to my printer and the Magenta was not in it's original package, like it was already been used and when I put it in the printer and printed in colour, it didn't print the colour which suggests to me that it is a used product. Very disappointing as I use the colour to print documents for my business.

Patrick.