Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

3,461

on 31 May 2015
I always hate leaving flat out bad reviews and I really try to find the better points of any products I buy, but these just don't cut it for me. I guess these cartridges are typically fitted to the cheaper end of InkJet printers and I can tell why.

HP always tell you to buy genuine and online you can usually pick up a combo pack for about £15, but I find they just don't last that long. It always seems that I buy them and print a few sheets, then leave it for a couple months then when I reuse it seems that three quarters has disappeared without reason.

The downside is, is that they have you backed into a corner unless you are prepared to rebuy a printer, and because of the trouble with these cartridges im even considering replacing my old printer with a mono laser one.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 February 2016
The combo packs seem to be the cheapest way to buy these HP inks.

Not sure if they are still doing it, but they were throwing in some 6x4" photo paper with them that has come in quite useful - not something I would have thought to buy but now we have the paper it has been used for quite a few photo prints.

I've tried refill cartridges in the past but never seem to have a lot of luck with them - they never seem to last long at all. Rather stick with genuine HP.
on 3 March 2014
good quality inks which last a fair length of time and produce good quality pictures. Will order again in the future
on 9 March 2015
I prefer getting a combo pack as opposed to buying black and trip-color separately for my printer at home. It is to ensure that I have plenty of ink for both in case either ran out and it appears to be good value for money. These ones worked OK for my HP 3050 printer at home, but beware some of these cartridges can be fake or counterfeit. On this site, make sure that the items are sold by amazon, most of the time, they are genuine and therefore will be suitable for all printers that accept them.
on 13 October 2013
In the last week I have placed 3 separate overlapping orders for the above combo ink cartridges. When I installed the first pair the ink levels did register as only being a quarter full but since I have never had a problem before I ignored it until they ran out after only printing a few pages. The 2nd order arrived that day and this time when installed again they both showed as only be a quarter full but also this time I received a warning message on my laptop to say the colour cartridge was a counterfeit and to contact my supplier again they ran out almost immediately. The third order had already been dispatched and arrived yesterday. i have installed them and they are showing as being full and to date have had no problems.I contacted Amazon straight after the counterfeit message and was very impressed how quickly they replied and said they would pass the information on to the relevant department. However I have still wasted £35 on the first two orders so will certainly go back to my previous supplier
on 12 November 2013
As HP ink goes (all too fast) this is reasonable value and was delivered quickly. Not the supplier's fault but they only last a few pages and my printer is designed to detect refilling. In fact the black has two chambers but only one has a sponge and a minimal amount of ink. so don't even THINK of filling it because you will have a black flood on your hands (and in the printer). If I could find a better, less picky printer I would. In fact I do have a Samsung mono which will produce 3000 copies with a £10 refill, so that is sorted and goodbye HP black printing.
#1 HALL OF FAMETOP 10 REVIEWERon 6 July 2012
Not much to say for what are just a couple of inkjet cartridges.
The combo pack isn't a bad deal from HP, if you are a heavy ink user though you might want to check out the higher capacity ones.

But as a package it's not a bad price for 2 carts. But there isn't a lot of ink here either.

The good news is that you can re-fill these easily simply peel the label back and inject the ink. Other makers try to stop you doing this with chips etc, at least HP don't try to hinder your re-fill choices. So I have a bit more time for HP in this respect, really it's your choice on this.
on 26 April 2016
From MMM - Boo and down with Cartridge King
Cartridge King Black and Tri colour. Both of these rejected by my HP printer so were not fit for purpose. Only gave half a page of smudged printing. I was about to purchase a new printer when I became suspect of the returns postage paid envelope for used cartridges (for charity, they say) when they are actually refilling/refurbishing same, so this is an expensive con. Actual HP 301 cartridges from W H Smith's worked fine.
on 27 September 2013
I bought this pack of cartridges in May and now in September the black one has already run out of ink! I have barely printed anything, to be honest, and this is not my first printer, so I know what I'm talking about. Other cartridges for other printers have lasted me more than a year printing the same amount of documents or even more. I can't say if it's the cartridges or the printer, but I don't like it at all - it's expensive and completely anti-ecological!
on 14 February 2013
Yes, it is HP quality but runs out too quickly - you think you'be bought new supply and you won't need more for at least 2 weeks - and a week later it's finished.
I had a old HP printer, for which it is literally impossible to find cartridges to replace it but the old cartridges were big size and last for months.
Then I bought a new printer, which is excellent despite its low price but the cartiridges cost me a lot - I suppose this is the price you pay when you buy a cheap printer.
The size of this cartridge is really small - it hardly contains any ink!