on 10 April 2012
[UPDATE 2012-05-03] [Original review at the bottom, where I gave it 5 stars, this is the update, where it gets 1 star:]

I put this neat little thing, which I was very happy with until now, into my USB port to copy some files onto and suddenly, mid-copy, the device stalled. I cancelled the copy and went to pull it out and it literally fell apart in my hands.

The plastic end pulled straight off and I had to then pull the inner metal sleeve out of the USB port. The internal electronic 'slab' with the pins and actual memory chip then slipped out of this sleeve.

Putting the parts back together did no good, as it now gets read errors, fails to respond, etc.

The device has been used reasonably, with no real wear and tear (I had it just short of 4 weeks) and has only been used inside the home. I think the physical design of the item may be the problem: the end plastic outer shell was not properly fixed to the inner components.

This is the first thing I've had to return to Amazon. Fortunately, their service is good.

[Original Review follows]

I bought this USB drive because it has no blinking LED.

This means I can use it in a video player connected to the TV without having to balance the cap on it to obscure the flashing light. It also means I can use it with a MP3 compatible stereo, in the dark without it illuminating the whole room or worrying about keeping the cap balanced on top of it. It's true I could affix a piece of tape over a drive with an LED, but in addition, this drive is small - exactly twice the length of the metal USB connector (makes me wonder why others need to be so large) - so this thing is perfect in every sense for my purposes.

The cap fits snugly when you put it on one way round, but is loose when you put it on the other way around; something to do with the plastic ridges on the inside of the cap and how they line up witht he metal connector. It's easy to just flip it the other way round for a proper fit. This is the unit's only downside, and a pretty minor one.

The unit is adequately fast for a USB 2 Flash drive. Read speed is 23.5 MBps and write speed is 10.5 MBps; about normal for devices of this class.

If they make a USB 3 version of this device with a faster write speed - so loading the drive doesn't take so long - I'll probably buy one of those next time because in every other respect, this unit (small and with no light) is perfect.
review image
on 18 August 2014
I always buy at least a 32gb nowadays because there is so much stuff one needs to backup! It isnt super fast, but its not the slowest one I possess. I love the way it looks and the thinness of it. Very handy with the key ring so it doesnt get lost.
on 12 April 2014
my rating of five says it all,it does everthing I expected it to do.Product was delivered on time and was well packed well priced to,I would recommend seller and product to anyone looking for this type of device.
on 6 July 2014
This memory stick is great value. Got all my music on it which I can now play in my car. Mp3 WMA and iTunes all work.
on 12 May 2015
Would have left a 1 star review earlier if I had remembered I got them from here!

All I remember is this is the USB that randomly failed on me and had me lose a lot of work a few years ago!!!! stay away from this!!! My own fault for not backing up my data anywhere else, but you'd think HP would be a quality brand!
on 17 January 2013
Very small but quality build. Has a small strap so you can attach it to your key fob.
I would tell you that it records and downloads perfectly but when my eldest son saw it he transferred some photos off my computer to take home and I have not seen it since. Typical. As he has not complained about the quality of the downloads I assume it works perfectly.
Sorry I cannot be of any more help.
on 13 March 2017
Love it! use it all the time! working very well. THx.
on 9 June 2017
Still going strong over a year on. It lives on my keys and gets plenty of physical abuse.
on 24 March 2017
Excellent service, very happy with product! Thanks
on 22 March 2017
Great I have no problems with storing files I can also access my files on my phone my only disappointment is that it was not compatible with my LG TV.