- Also check our best rated Wireless Printer reviews
HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer - Black
|Price:||£94.95 & FREE Delivery in the UK. Delivery Details|
Fulfilment by Amazon (FBA) is a service Amazon offers sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's warehouses, and Amazon directly does the picking, packing, shipping and customer service on these items. Something Amazon hopes you'll especially enjoy: FBA items are eligible for and for Amazon Prime just as if they were Amazon items.
If you're a seller, you can increase your sales significantly by using Fulfilment by Amazon. We invite you to learn more about this programme .
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Compare to similar items
This item HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer - Black
HP Envy 4527 All-in-One Printer, Instant Ink Compatible with 4 Months Trial
HP DeskJet 3630 All-in-One Printer, Instant Ink Compatible
HP ENVY 5640 e-All-in-One Printer - Instant Ink Compatible
HP Envy 5540 All-in-One Inkjet Printer, Instant Ink Ready
HP OfficeJet Pro 6970 All-in-One Colour Inkjet Printer, Instant Ink Compatible with 3 Months Trial
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||
|Sold By||velectronics||Amazon.co.uk||Amazon.co.uk||technologygeeks uk||Amazon.co.uk||ILGS - I Love Going Shopping|
|Connectivity Technology||USB 2.0, Wireless LAN||Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n, Standard 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0||WiFi||Memory Card Slot^WiFi||WiFi, USB, Bluetooth||Ethernet, RJ-11, USB 2.0, Wireless LAN|
|Horizontal Resolution||2,400 dots_per_inch||1,200 dots_per_inch||1,200 dots_per_inch||1,200 dots_per_inch||—||1,200 dots_per_inch|
|Ink Colour||Assorted||Multicolour Cartridge||Multicoloured||Multicoloured||Multicoloured||Single Colour Cartridges|
|Item Dimensions||44.5 x 33.4 x 12 cm||44.5 x 56.4 x 12.8 cm||—||16 x 45.47 x 40.89 cm||41 x 45.4 x 15.6 cm||46.37 x 39 x 22.8 cm|
|Item Display Weight||5.44 kg||—||3.5 kg||3.1 kg||12 kg||—|
|Item Weight||5.49 kg||5.41 kg||2.34 kg||8.35 kg||6.8 kg||8.1 kg|
|Max Printspeed Black White||21 pages_per_minute||20 pages_per_minute||20 pages_per_minute||12 pages_per_minute||22 pages_per_minute||30 pages_per_minute|
|Max Printspeed Colour||17 pages_per_minute||16 pages_per_minute||16 pages_per_minute||8 pages_per_minute||8 pages_per_minute||26 pages_per_minute|
|Printer Technology||Thermal inkjet||inkjet colour||inkjet colour||inkjet colour||Inkjet||inkjet colour|
|Scanner Type||Flatbed||Flatbed||Flatbed||Flatbed||—||Flatbed + Sheetfeed|
HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
Enjoy printing from all your devices with this stylish and versatile e-all-in-one. Print lab-quality photos and laser-sharp documents from your smartphone, tablet or internet-connected PC, and get easy copying and scanning too.1
Up to 21 pages per minute (ppm) black | Up to 17 ppm colour | 25 to 400% copy reduce/enlarge | Up to 1200 dpi scan resolution
Get Connected and Do More -- Quickly and Easily2
Enjoy quick, hassle-free connection to your wireless network with HP Auto Wireless Connect.2 See impressive results straightaway -- print borderless, lab-quality photos and crisp, laser-sharp documents.
Get Easy Wireless Printing from Your Smartphone or Tablet1
Free yourself -- enjoy easy mobile printing via your smartphone, tablet or internet-connected PC.1 Scan photos, documents and more directly to your mobile device with the HP Printer Control app.4
Reduce Your Impact without Sacrificing Performance
Save time and paper with automatic 2-sided printing and copying. Print and copy more for less with optional high-capacity XL ink cartridges.5
This Product Has
Legal Size Flatbed Scanner
Up to 216 x 297mm
Print Speed Black (ISO, Laser Comparable)
Up to 8.8 ppm
Print Speed Black (Draft, A4)
Up to 21 ppm
Print Speed Footnote
Either after first page or after first set of ISO test pages.
Print Speed Colour (ISO, Laser Comparable)
Up to 5.2 ppm
Print Speed Colour (Draft, A4)
Up to 17 ppm
Recommended Monthly Page Volume
300 to 400
Recommended Monthly Page Volume Note
HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement
Paper Handling, Standard
100-sheet input tray and 30-sheet output tray
Scan Resolution, Optical
Up to 1200 dpi
Copy Reduce/Enlarge Settings
25 to 400%
1. Requires an Internet connection to an HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration. Mobile devices and PCs require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
2. HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
4. Requires download of HP Printer Control app from third-party app stores. Mobile device requires wireless access point and Internet connection. Features controlled may vary by mobile device operating system. Scan/copy control requires mobile device and printer to be on the same wireless network or through wireless direct connection to printer.
5. High capacity Original HP 301XL Ink Cartridges not included; please purchase separately. Less cost per page compared with standard capacity Original HP 301 Ink Cartridges.
1x HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
Black Ink Cartridge
Colour Ink Cartridge
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top customer reviews
The specs around this model are strong and it's wi-fi/air-play which, for the price, won me over.
I'll simply list the facts and let people take what they want from them:
Firstly, this printer is a lot bigger than I expected; it's certainly not compact by any means so make sure and check the dimensions as I didn't. The price should have alerted me to this so this is my fault for not checking and expecting something smaller.
Moving onto the set-up; there are a lot of reviews talking about how complicated it was to set up and having to register in order to be able to set it up. It's honestly not difficult to set-up. Follow the instructions which are clear and straightforward, make sure you know your wi-fi password and how to sync your make of wi-fi hub (mine is Virgin that give great instructions on line around how to sync your hub to other devices) as you'll need to know how to do this. Some reviewers seem to be faulting the printer for not finding their signals but it's the other way around, the hub needs to be synced in order to find it and connect so it's not the fault of the printer.
From here you have 2 options; you can use the cd provided to finalize set up or you can use HP's website. I used the website. Yes, it does give you the options of signing up and creating an account however, you don't have to do this and it's states that you can continue without registering. I registered because the ink is very cheap and the ink cartridges are not expensive enough for me to warrant buying cheap knock off versions and losing quality of the print. By signing up I can automatically order when i'm running low and there's not a bad software photo editing package included for download when you sign up.
Took me another 5 minutes to finalise set up through this and it worked straight away with no problems and no paper jams.
Overall, the set up was straightforward and following the instructions. the printer was up and running within 10 minutes.
Now, air-printing; I have an iPad and I was worried that i would have to download software but I didn't; you can but you don't have to. It was really, really simple; just bring up the document on your device tap print and choose the printer and that's it; it worked first time and worked brilliantly. No issues with using an iPad or my iPhone 5 with this printer but i can't speak for how well it works with Android/windows devices.
Reviewers have complained about various things and I want to just pick up a couple and compare my experience to them:
- Front loading; yes, the printer is front loading but this isn't a problem with me and I don't see the issue. It's actually space saving and because the printer is bigger than i thought, this is a good thing and it's easy to use; once again, follow the instructions which make it clear
- Paper jams: I've printed out a 20 page document, 2 sided and absolutely no issues at any time and it's hasn't jammed once. Now, once it a while, if you've signed up to an account, a special reward offer will come on screen which interrupts printing but you just resume printing. It's no big deal and it's very rare as it's a reward scheme that offers you discounts or free editing tools.
- Flimsy front loader: I'll be clearer than most around this; they are referring to a small 2 inch strip of plastic that pulls out of the actual front loader to make sure paper doesn't fall on the ground when printing our. It's made of plastic but it's by no means flimsy and you don't actually have to use this.
- No ink provided with printer; not true, the printer comes with a black and white and colour cartridge. Again, people should be clearer. There are 2 types of quality when it comes to the cartridges and the cartridges supplied are the basic quality cartridges, which leads me onto:
- Quality of print/image: no problems here. i don't see what people are complaining about the quality is excellent using these cartridges and I use the printer for very basic printing and photo printing and there are no issues with this. I don't know, perhaps if you are a photographer and make your living selling images then this would matter more (but then, why would you buy such a cheap printer. I printed off 2 DVLA forms and these were perfect, as if I had picked them up from the post office.
- Paper; again, some reviewers stating to have to use HP paper?(!) Not true, I've been using basic photocopying paper and it works fine
- Cost of cartridges; these cartridges are some of the cheapest around and half the price of the previous Advent model I had.
- Length of cartridge use: I've had the printer for approx 2 weeks and printed out a fair few things (boarding passes, recipes, DVLA forms..etc) and they are still going strong, If people use cheap knock off cartridges these will only last half as long
Overall, I've had the printer for approx 2 weeks and couldn't be happier with it. I think that some reviewers are taking it out of the box, not following instructions, making assumptions when they shouldn't be and perhaps don't have a basic grasp of technology. I experienced none of the issues that other people have.
Apologies for the length of the review but I felt it was important to address what a lot of people are giving negative reviews about and that's just not fair on this printer when anybody looking for a low cost good reliable wi-fi/airplay printer could do so much worse that get this one.
I hope this reviews proves helpful to those that find navigating positive and negative reviews a minefield!
Just an update to my original 5 star review written in April 2014 - It's now January 2017 and I've had this printer for just over 2 and a 1/2 years and it is still going strong.
Across this time I have never had an issue with it and I have changed computers, iPad, iPhone and wireless provider throughout these years and each time, connection back to the printer has been quick, easy and painless.
I've not had to think about buying another printer as there have been no issues and still fully believe and back up what I stated in my original review.
I can print from my phone, ipad and computer with no untidy wires. Scanning works well.
Setting up was quite easy - so easy I can't remember much about it. I think I did most of it from the printer directly.
The printer is a lot smaller and neater than the last iphone compatible printer I used to own.
I haven't signed up for all the HP nonsense - I just want to print out stuff, not sign up to yet another corporate lifestyle.
Inevitably with a printer this small and cheap the feel of it can be a bit plasticky but otherwise I'm impressed.
Early days yet but so far so good.
I've read a few reviews about people saying the printer is reporting a paper jam when the paper hasn't been loaded. This printer has been packed with lots of cardboard taped in its innards presumably to stop the printer rattling about it transit. I would make sure this is carefully removed before trying to print. Also if the connectivity is shakey, test the printer using a wired connection as it could be the quality of your wifi.
This printer will also print from, and work only with a black cartridge. So if you're not bothered about colour printing, it is an economical choice.
Scanning and copying can be initiated from a browser tab.
I have always owned hp printers as found them up to now a great printer. This one however is a joke! You add the ink print a few things and its gone. I basically hardly use it and have to go pay at community computer shops to print my documents.
I wish I never bought it and would not recommend it to anyone unless they are happy to run up a massive bill just for ink!
Most recent customer reviews
Look for similar items by category