HP Envy 4500 e-All-In-One Printer - Black
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Print, scan, copy and photo
- Print speed: up to 8.8 ppm black/5.2 ppm colour
- Print wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet and internet-connected PC and scan directly to your mobile device
- Versatile from the start - print borderless, lab-quality photos and laser-sharp documents with ease
- Print and copy more for less with optional high-capacity 301XL ink cartridges
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
HP ENVY 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
Enjoy printing from all your devices with this stylish and versatile e-all-in-one. Print lab-quality photos and laser-sharp documents from your smartphone, tablet or internet-connected PC, and get easy copying and scanning too.1
Up to 21 pages per minute (ppm) black | Up to 17 ppm colour | 25 to 400% copy reduce/enlarge | Up to 1200 dpi scan resolution
Get Connected and Do More -- Quickly and Easily2
Enjoy quick, hassle-free connection to your wireless network with HP Auto Wireless Connect.2 See impressive results straightaway -- print borderless, lab-quality photos and crisp, laser-sharp documents.
Get Easy Wireless Printing from Your Smartphone or Tablet1
Free yourself -- enjoy easy mobile printing via your smartphone, tablet or internet-connected PC.1 Scan photos, documents and more directly to your mobile device with the HP Printer Control app.4
Reduce Your Impact without Sacrificing Performance
Save time and paper with automatic 2-sided printing and copying. Print and copy more for less with optional high-capacity XL ink cartridges.5
This Product Has
Legal Size Flatbed Scanner
Up to 216 x 297mm
Print Speed Black (ISO, Laser Comparable)
Up to 8.8 ppm
Print Speed Black (Draft, A4)
Up to 21 ppm
Print Speed Footnote
Either after first page or after first set of ISO test pages.
Print Speed Colour (ISO, Laser Comparable)
Up to 5.2 ppm
Print Speed Colour (Draft, A4)
Up to 17 ppm
Recommended Monthly Page Volume
300 to 400
Recommended Monthly Page Volume Note
HP recommends that the number of printed pages per month be within the stated range for optimum device performance, based on factors including supplies replacement
Paper Handling, Standard
100-sheet input tray and 30-sheet output tray
Scan Resolution, Optical
Up to 1200 dpi
Copy Reduce/Enlarge Settings
25 to 400%
1. Requires an Internet connection to an HP web-enabled printer and HP ePrint account registration. Mobile devices and PCs require Internet connection and email capability. May require wireless access point. Separately purchased data plans or usage fees may apply. Print times and connection speeds may vary. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
2. HP Auto Wireless Connect may not be available for all system configurations. Wireless performance is dependent on physical environment and distance from access point. Wireless operations are compatible with 2.4 GHz routers only.
4. Requires download of HP Printer Control app from third-party app stores. Mobile device requires wireless access point and Internet connection. Features controlled may vary by mobile device operating system. Scan/copy control requires mobile device and printer to be on the same wireless network or through wireless direct connection to printer.
5. High capacity Original HP 301XL Ink Cartridges not included; please purchase separately. Less cost per page compared with standard capacity Original HP 301 Ink Cartridges.
1x HP Envy 4500 e-All-in-One Printer
Black Ink Cartridge
Colour Ink Cartridge
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The specs around this model are strong and it's wi-fi/air-play which, for the price, won me over.
I'll simply list the facts and let people take what they want from them:
Firstly, this printer is a lot bigger than I expected; it's certainly not compact by any means so make sure and check the dimensions as I didn't. The price should have alerted me to this so this is my fault for not checking and expecting something smaller.
Moving onto the set-up; there are a lot of reviews talking about how complicated it was to set up and having to register in order to be able to set it up. It's honestly not difficult to set-up. Follow the instructions which are clear and straightforward, make sure you know your wi-fi password and how to sync your make of wi-fi hub (mine is Virgin that give great instructions on line around how to sync your hub to other devices) as you'll need to know how to do this. Some reviewers seem to be faulting the printer for not finding their signals but it's the other way around, the hub needs to be synced in order to find it and connect so it's not the fault of the printer.
From here you have 2 options; you can use the cd provided to finalize set up or you can use HP's website. I used the website. Yes, it does give you the options of signing up and creating an account however, you don't have to do this and it's states that you can continue without registering. I registered because the ink is very cheap and the ink cartridges are not expensive enough for me to warrant buying cheap knock off versions and losing quality of the print.Read more ›
Great price point and excellent delivery and would thoroughly recommend.
Form factor is somewhat different to most printers this isn't a traditional rear paper feed printer, instead the printer has a paper tray at the front this does make it easier to load up though, but it does add a bit more depth v the other printers.
Controls are quite intuitive a front LCD with touch buttons allow you to change settings and check the ink status on the printer directly. I quite like the slimmer lower profile appearance of the printer and it also fits into my desk area nicely. There are no obvious flaws with the printer (not at this price point) but it's better suited to occasional to moderate use heavy ink users (office etc) will save a lot longer term with a larger printer with big capacity ink carts.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I really don't understand the negative reviews regarding setup. I only took delivery this morning so I cannot comment on longevity or cartridge use but it took me 12 minutes to set... Read morePublished 17 hours ago by Ian
Good multi-function printer with duplexing. Tend to use it for printing text based documents and for photocopying and works well. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Andy
Very pleased with this item. Print quality very good. Arrived very quickly after placing the order.Published 6 days ago by Kay Troue
Top printer does everything it states only thing I would fault otbon is the price of ink cartridges for it but overall it's the printer to have for homePublished 7 days ago by Amazon Customer
Trying to print a return address label from amazon is a complete nightmare....it's just not intuitive. I gave up! Other than that it's a good printer.Published 8 days ago by Gillian Fantazi