- Also check our best rated Printer Scanner reviews
HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Designed for everyday ease - this printer is designed to be simple so you can print without worries
- Get right to it - start printing right out of the box with quick and easy set-up
- Save your space with a compact printer designed to fit where you need it.
There is a newer model of this item:
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
This HP Deskjet offers affordable, easy, everyday printing. Simply print what you need, when need it, and use optional high-capacity cartridges for extra value. Save space with this compact design that fits in small spaces.
1x HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
1 x Black Ink Cartridge
1xTri-colour Ink Cartridge
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Set up as instructed - did not start up but while checking set up in manual started it ran perfectly.
Limited use to date but quality of output very acceptable. Not as robust a machine as my old HP 895cxi but faster.
All in all value for money assuming ink costs not too high.
I purchased this as a light weight basic printer and couldn't be happier. It folds up very neatly so I can put it away in the cupboard when not in use. It doesn't have any networking capabilities, but for the price frankly I couldn't care less.
Cartridges last reasonably well and are not too expensive to replace (compared to the beast anyway), and also come in XL sizes which last even longer and are even cheaper. Oh and unlike the beast, they are also recyclable, so I can also do my bit.
It does just the job for the transparencies I need and I've also used it for printing letters and flyers with photos and am really happy with the results.
I did not find it easy to set up and after two days trying had to have professional help in the end, some of it had to be done on-line. Why can't they stick to the simple way of just providing a disc that will do the job with no complications.
* Reasonable print quality
* Software and drivers
* Often prints 1" of first page then stops locking up printer queue
* Continually defaults to Letter size instead of A4
* Tons of useless bloatware HP add-ons installed
* Cartridges supplied contain virtually no ink, will last only a few days
* Throws a hissy fit if you use non-genuine HP cartridges
* Very difficult to refill cartridges (genuine ones cost £££££)
* Cheap to buy, very expensive to run
* Nagging HP exhortations to use ONLY GENUINE HP CARTRIDGES OR ELSE you will die a horrible death
* Unreliable software, prone to locking printer
* Annoying habit of defaulting to Letter size paper and factory defaults
Would actually be a decent printer except for HP software and the stupid money cartridges.
HP lose the plot.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
easy to understand printer ,step by step instructions could not be easier to understandPublished 1 month ago by anne wilson
Ideal size for my portable office. Ive been using the 1010 mark 1 for 3 years with no problems apart from when I caught the power cable and pulled it out of the transformer. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Neil Glen Perkins
Cheap and cheerful. Setup is simple and prints are good quality, and reasonably fast. An ink cartridge lasts a good long time - I started a fresh cartridge to print out multiple... Read morePublished 3 months ago by Gem
Fantastic Little Printer for the money, arrived sooner than expected and works a treat. We use these in the front office in the business and they are unobtrusive on the desk... Read morePublished 4 months ago by JanetB Leeds
Very cheap printer although not blue tooth. I needed a cheap one to replace my wonderful HP470 Office Jet (only six years old but they no longer do spare parts for it !! Read morePublished 5 months ago by Bibi
what a great cheap product does what it says on the tin works just perfect for mePublished 5 months ago by mikebppol
Already have one of these, use it for light operation (10 to 15 pages a day of text and graphics), no problems. Bought a second one for a staggering £16. Read morePublished 5 months ago by David H. Bebbington