Price:£137.21+ Free shipping

on 2 August 2011
I bought this particularly having researched it for compatibility with Linux and I am running Ubuntu 10.04.2 on my PC which is dual booted with Windows XP.

Installing on Ubuntu was quite straightforward following the instructions and links from HP. I even found a way to make it simpler than the hplip instructions. The only thing is I have to make some adjustments to colour settings as the default settings leave a quality print with a very slight yellowish tinge.

I could not install it on Windows XP. That's a very unusual situation because most printers that don't work easily with Linux need quite a lot of setting up, if they can be set up at all. Printers are designed to be compatible first with Microsoft software!

The problem is that the install on XP gets to 99% and can't get any further then times out. It's a fresh install of XP (I reinstall all my software annually) and the first time I installed it on XP it worked beautifully.

It should be noted that buying through Amazon gives an initial cost saving but there is no HP support when buying through Amazon.
on 2 June 2011
It's a amazing value colour laser printer. Installed very easily works great apart from the job that I bought it for and that was producing colour labels using laser label sheets. Some of the colours do not adhere them self particularly well. I am sure it's not a toner issue as I have run label through a 2600n and another hp colour laser and these are both fine, all I can think is that it is a temperature issue. Green appears to be a particular problem. Other than that it's a really great printer.
on 15 June 2012
The CP1025 looks and feels like a very good quality item it is heavy and well made. The print quality is very good but if you need a lot of prints I would not recomend it. I bought this printer to replace my old HP M1005 MFP laser which although black only was a superior machine in many respects. The CP 1025 take a while to start a print unlike the old HP laser which started instantly. This machine pauses for a while between prints and often goes through a cycling process during printing. Also, for no apparent reason when not in use it will start cycling for several seconds, appearing to have a mind of its own, my old laser HP sat quietly when not in use. All in all this is a good printer for small usage giving good quality prints from an attractive and well made unit.Bad points are slow and a bit noisy.
on 21 February 2012
The HP 1025 Laserjet printer is an ideal size for my home use.
Easily transportable and simple to use.
The quality of colour print is ideal for use both for correspondence and for the many photographs that I process.
The delivery service by Amazon was first class
on 6 July 2012
I was well impressed with this in the beginning, but just a couple of hundred pages into a print job and the print became faded in places and mucky in other places. I have spent the past 5 hours trying to resolve this issue in both Linux Ubuntu and Windows 7, with no luck (it is now 6.35 in the morning btw).
If you want a reliable quality printer, this is NOT the one for you.
on 12 August 2011
I am very sorry to have to write this review but I am quite disappointed with hp. Do you realise they only put installation instructions with the printer and not very clear ones at that. There are no operating instructions with the printer at all, not how to change toner or what the buttons do. I rang hp to say where are the instructions and they said they do not put them in with the anymore to save paper. What a stupid idea, I have never used a laser printer before so did not have a clue how to use it. Hp said they would get someone to ring back within 2 hours, I have now waited over 24 hours and still nobody has rung and as seems normal now you have to pay for the phone call to complain. I just wonder why larger companies insist on terrible customer service, the sooner we mess up without the proper instructions then the sooner they can sell us a new one.
Warning about printing - I wanted the printer to print our black and white leaflets with a tiny colour rose at the top 4 copies a minuet my epsom inkjet did them in 3 a minuet, fair enough I do not have to change the cartridges as ofter so this saves time. It seems to take ages and lots of clunking about before the sheet of paper goes into the printer after that it does go straight through with very nice clear printing. I'm not sure how many copys of our leaflet I will get before changing the cartridges yet but if I can will add this later.
44 comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse