Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Alice Cooper Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

Size: High Yield|Colour: Black|Change
Price:£29.95+ Free shipping

on 31 March 2015
This is a classic cost saving exercise, buy one of these and your print costs per page will be reduced... unfortunately that relies on the cartridge lasting until its ink is exhausted. This one lasted until about a quarter of the ink was expended, then started printing erratically, particularly with small / fine printing. Using hplip drivers, there is an alignment and 3 stage cleaning process to correct cartridge problems. All to no avail, as I now have an extra large black cartridge 3/4 full which cannot print worth a damn. In HP's defence, the cartridge had been sitting idle in the machine for a few months before it started playing up, as the school projects the printer was being used for were finished. It may be that if it was used more intensively it would have worked until exhaustion, and in those circumstances the cost per page would be more significant.

However, in future I will be buying the smaller (and cheaper) replacements, since I currently don't have a high print demand the higher page cost is insignificant compared to the cost of throwing away most of the ink.
on 8 March 2016
I thought I was buying an XL BLACK cartridge plus colour cartridge (as the product show shows). The product image clearly shows the black cartridge is 901 XL, which was the reason why I purchased this.

This is not a product pack as the product image shows. What you receive are two separate packs, bound together. Misrepresentation and warrants a full refund.

I needed the XL BLACK cartridge urgently as I have a lot of reports to print out so have no option but to use the cartridge.

I think I am entitled to either a full refund or have an XL cartridge sent out FOC.

HP No.901 Ink Cartridge - Black/Colour (Pack of 2)
on 6 February 2016
Using with my very wonderful now 6 year old HP printer, with default settings put to Draft Quality, I've lost count of how many hundreds of pages this cartridge has manged to print. Excellent quality ink, even in draft the quality is excellent for everyday printing. Tried "compatibles" but usually they did not work unless they were actual HP refills, and the ink is always splodgy in comparison to the lovely crisp finish you get from genuine HP. I've come to the conclusion that going straight for quality is actually cheaper in the long run (how do you price the hassle of a compatible not working when you are up against a deadline?). Treat yourself and your printer!
on 16 October 2013
Last ages and much better value than the ordinary size (don't get caught out on price the XL is considerably better). We buy regularly from Amazon as we cannot find cheaper in the shops. In fact this particular model is not easily available in the shops for some reason. Hope Amazon continue to advertise them. Just check when the ink seems to be running low and are able to get hold of it within a few days, quicker than waiting til you go to the shops only to find you can't find it and if you can it is very considerably more expensive. Sometimes even worth buying the 2-pack when it is advertised cheaper.
on 9 June 2016
Seems to be a genuine HP cartridge and at a good price. I feel slightly misled because the product details displayed on the ordering page suggest this cartridge comes in the full original HP packaging but the item I got is not in the cardboard shell, just the (sealed) foil inner carton. I don't mind this in itself but wish this was apparent when placing the order as what I received isn't quite what I was expecting.
on 9 March 2017
Quality product at good price, I had tried buying some alternative cartridges for my printer and had problems with them not working properly so they ended up being a total waste of money, the expression.......he who buys cheap, buys twice...comes to mind. Will never buy anything other than these originals in furutre.
on 22 December 2016
As usual arrived on time and as stated new. Now just waiting for the ink in the printer to run out, before installing it, I will need to use it completely to find out the difference between 901 and 901XL, but I'm guessing it should be at least twice as much
on 3 November 2015
This cartridge lasts a few months for me. On the HP website it says that 901XL has 14ml ink (approximately 700 pages), compared to 901 which has 9ml (approximately 360 pages). Both are nearly the same price (at the time of writing) so makes sense to go for the XL version.
on 19 October 2013
HP quality is good, but the price of ink in general is a total rip-off....... they almost give you the printers knowing you'll get conned on buying the cartridges and these are no exception. Amazon prices amongst the best around and delivery was prompt. Print quality is first class but they don't last long (especially printing photos) and my machine needs both colour and black cartridges, amking it an expensive job to replace them.
on 28 December 2015
Sadly this has happened 3 times before over a long period, a cartridge which our HP printer/fax machine does not recognise - it will not align even though I cleaned the cartridges - does not happen often but will buy from another supplier.