Customer reviews

3,494
Colour: Black|Size: High Yield (2 Pack)|Change

Ooh, a trip down memory lane to those times (eight years ago) when I had to buy expensive ink from HP. Times before HP introduced the Instant Ink thing, which now means I only pay a monthly fee (less each year than buying a single genuine HP black and colour cart) for however many pages I want to print and the ink comes direct to my door before I run out at no extra cost. I'm saving a fortune, and not worrying about using the photo-printing functionality to whack out A4 pics anymore. Back to these carts, they were original HP and so quality and longevity were as expected. As you can probably tell by my little rant, rip-off pricing was as expected also.
on 9 May 2014
Printer inks are so expensive nowadays, it seems the prices are creeping up all the time, even in your regular supermarket, so its always a good idea to get these genuine HP cartridges at a better price. I've tried generic replacements in my HP all-in-one printer and they just do not work as they show up as problematic, hence the printer is always suggesting head alignment and insists on printing test pages - so get the genuine ones is always the best advice.
on 13 July 2017
No mention is made on the Amazon site of the expiry date of the guarantee on these ink cartridges. I ordered them in early July 2017 and found that they expire in March 2018. That is probably OK, but if you don't use the printer very much and you do have problems after the expiry date then HP probably won't help.Take this into account when choosing slightly cheaper suppliers. Other cartridges bought at the same time from a different supplier have a year longer before they expire.

Also, the packaging had been crushed at some point. There s no obvious damage to the cartridges but who knows...
on 22 March 2016
I may have given this 5 star but i in no way love printer cartridges. Anyway. I gave it five stars to help people avoiding the issues i had with an inferior product. I bought what i thought was a genuine one from a supermarket but only later realised when checking small print that it was a refurb! The price difference was so small it was not worth it. My printer hated it from day one not reading the ink level and not printing correctly. I replaced it with a genuine HP300 and boom, issues gone. In my case genuine is definately worth it.
on 28 March 2015
I am extremely disappointed with this product. I've had it for 8 months and do not do a lot of printing - the last time I bought one of these from Amazon it lasted 2 years and 3 months, and the volume of printing I do at home has not changed. My printer reads that the cartridge is full, but it no longer prints properly, with very faint black ink where letters should be - it's totally useless.

I read similar reviews to the one I'm now writing at the time I bought this cartridge, but felt reassured that there would be no problem since I had bought this exact product from Amazon before. I feel annoyed that there is no possibility to return this item, since the transaction was in June last year. However, the product I have paid for is sub-standard. In future I will buy this from a supermarket, with a physical store that I can take this back to in order to complain.
on 8 April 2015
Unsure of this product as it was received without the normal box HP packaging as all HP cartridges purchased previously and to date from other sources.
The only packaging was a plastic sealed bag and my concern is 1. is it a genuine HP cartridge and 2. is it new or refurbished cartridge (I paid for new) Will try on the printer in due course which will reject if not a genuine HP cartridge
on 21 August 2015
Be careful I didn't realise this consists of two colour XL cartridges and assumed one was black so ended up buying a separate one once I realized.

otherwise a perfectly fine purchase just be careful not to mess up like I did ok?
on 7 September 2016
I have used HP 300XL cartridges previously and have had no problems with them, but the cartridge I bought from this supplier did not register properly with the printer and ran out of ink after printing only 10-12 A4 sheets.
on 23 June 2015
I get these every time now. I do a lot of printing in the home office and was getting tired of how quickly the normal cartridges ran out.These xl ones really do last much much longer and it means I have to worry less about printing things. Further, having tried refilled, refurbished and I suspect fake cartridges, I now swear by the original HP ones.

Another printing related tip - explore your printer 'properties' when you go to print a document - there is often the option to 'print as draft' or 'save toner' and it really does cut down on ink usage.
on 25 May 2016
What can you say. I bought one thinking it would be a generic, or a 'refilled' HP cartridge but no, it was new, and was 100% what it said it was and popped straight in the printer and worked. But was hugely cheaper than going to a high street store and paying their asking prices.
The company even rang to clarify the order as there was a subtle difference in the advertized packaging, which gave me an opportunity to confirm that it was a genuine original unused HP cartridge, and was told yes. And it was. Frankly, brilliant, can't ask for more.