on 14 March 2013
Lovely to hold, and very good value.1 bottle was damaged onarrival but was replaced by return, wonderful service! Items are effective but only for a short time, about 10 mins. I had hoped for longer, especially when it goes from hand to hand to keep them both warm! Having 4 bottles perhaps I should use them more 'generously'!! Very grateful when it was really cold.
on 2 March 2016
Does the job, if only 'resetting' them was a bit more simple.
on 15 July 2017
Package arrived in great time. All products are in perfect condition. Would recommend to everyone!!!
on 22 October 2014
only heat up once!
on 16 September 2013
i have bought a simular item to this before, but it was only one, not four. it served me well but i found that having one for each hand would be nicer. i saw this and i cant say i was expecting much for the price but seeing as i know how they work i wasnt expecting any major problems. they arrieved quickly, all four of them and i got four different colours but im not sure if this is the same for everyone. i tested one out imediately and it was quite simple to get it started, (just push the metal disc) there was a wonderful heat coming from it for a good 5 minutes. for the next ten minutes it was quite plesantly warm and after that it began to cool and the heat was total gone after 30 minutes. i would say its quite impressive for the price and, if using all four, they could last you a painful wait at the bus stop on a frosty morning. if anyone is stuck on 're-using them, all you need to do it pop them in a pan of boiling water for a few minutes until the inside is clear. keep it on a low heat and don't forget about them because leaving them in the hot water causes them to pop and make a mess!! (don't worry, it takes a while until that happens!!)
this is a fun idea and a good size, but doesnt last as long as the first one i bought so if you want the heat to last, i got one of the £5 ones with a knitted case. but if your looking for bulk, or a cheep way of making the cold more bareable, i can comforably recommend this item. i hope this helped :)
We bought a few packs of these a while back to put into our home made stocking fillers that we gave to all members of our family.

They are slightly smaller than a typical adult hand and are made of a plastic-y, silicon-y material and contains water inside with a small metal plate smaller than a 1p coin.

To heat the water you 'Flex' the metal disc that's inside by holding it and snapping it back and fourth until it heats the water (refer to video illustration of the 'Flexing'). In reality I can confirm that it does work and does heat it quite impressively and you can see and feel the water turning salty.

To reuse the product you need to place it in boiling water for 10-15 mins until the crystal salts have completely disappeared and changed to clear liquid.

We found that most of our family members really liked them, especially our 5 and 12 year old nephews.

'Feedback - If you found any aspects of this review useful and you would like to leave feedback - please follow the link below - thanks'.
on 16 January 2012
I bought these as stocking fillers for Christmas 2011, for my 11 and 8 year old. I wasn't expecting much as i had read mixed reviews on this type of product. The children have used these daily,whether they have cold hands or not!! They fit inside our gloves (even mine...as i have 'borrowed' them!), they are very warm within seconds of pressing the metal discs and half an hour later there is still residual heat, you then just boil them for a few minutes and they are ready to reuse. They have been ideal for walking to school, shops etc...much less moaning...worth the money just for that! This set i think are particularly good value at 4 for under £7 with postage!
on 11 February 2014
The information about these hand warmers suggests that you click the button and the warming starts up each time you use them. In fact, this only happened once, the first time I used them. Other than that, all you can do is warm them up in hot water, which will then keep them warm for about 20 mins once you take them out. This means that unless you have access to boiling water immediately before you want to use them, they are useless. My daughter wanted them to keep her hands warm at playtime, but obviously this doesn't work. I think the information given is really misleading and suggests that the clicking feature is reusable, so felt that I should warn other buyers about this. I guess you get what you pay for, and they were very cheap, but I just resent being misled.
on 30 March 2015
I bought these for my husband to use in the car on the way to work and home in the winter and cold months of the year, yes the car has heating but it takes a little time to come through, my husband has terable circulation in his hands, so bad sometimes his hands are gray, I offer mimic giving his hands CPR in an effort to bring them back to life and get the blood flowing through them again.
I will not give a negative comment on these as I and my husband think they are really good.
Even better to reactivate them the instructions are spot on, I put ours in my pressure cooker with no weights on the steam valve, this brings the water to the boil quicker using little energy, once the water has boiled I set a timer for 10 minutes then turn the heat off take the pan off the stove and lift each one out using a wooden pair of tongs so as not to puncture them, I lay them on a hand towel pat them down and allow them to cool.
In my view there perfect. P.S. I bought 8 x pack's of 2 total of 16, you may think that's a bit of an overkill but what I don't want to have to do is reactivate them every day two at a time, I save them all until the end of the week and do them all at once, again saving on energy.
Oh yes I nearly forgot, they are also quite sweet being shapped like little hot water bottles.
on 24 February 2015
Bought a load of these as stocking fillers at Christmas and everyone really liked them. Kept a couple myself and used then a few times now: the only thing I would say is they don't last very long - perhaps 10 minutes or so, but for the cost on a short walk they're nice, or crack one when you're out to warm your hands.