- Hardcover: 508 pages
- Publisher: Springer; 3rd ed. 2013 edition (16 Jan. 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1461450276
- ISBN-13: 978-1461450276
- Product Dimensions: 16.3 x 3.3 x 23.4 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (6 customer reviews)
Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
294,122 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- #360 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- #483 in Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- #943 in Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational
- See Complete Table of Contents
HACCP: A Practical Approach Hardcover – 16 Jan 2013
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Mortimore and Wallace point out that since they last updated the book there have continued to be many failures in the food supply chain. Some of these are world renowned, many were significant national failures, and many, many more were small, isolated, and sometimes tragic events occurring in local communities all around the world. So what has gone wrong? Is HACCP not working? Sadly, the answer to this question is that it hasn’t had a chance to work. Far from being “done,” HACCP has been poorly implemented and under-utilized in probably the majority of food companies. Twenty years ago developments in HACCP were fairly major, and some governments saw its implementation as a remedy for all of their country’s food safety issues. In reality, use of the HACCP approach does offer a practical and major contribution to the way forward, but only if the people charged with its implementation have the proper knowledge and expertise to apply it effectively. Whilst a new book isn’t by itself going to solve that problem, the authors hope that it may help some companies to do better.
- Land O'Lakes, Inc., Arden Hills, MN
From the Back Cover
HACCP: A Practical Approach, 3rd edition has been updated to include the current best practice and new developments in HACCP application since the last edition was published in 1998. This book is intended to be a compendium of up-to-date thinking and best practice approaches to the development, implementation, and maintenance of HACCP programs for food safety risk reduction.
Introductory chapters set the scene and update the reader on HACCP developments over the last 15 years. The preliminary stages of HACCP, including preparation, planning and system design, are covered first, followed by a consideration of food safety hazards and their control. Prerequisite program coverage has been significantly expanded in this new edition, reflecting its development as a key support system for HACCP. The HACCP plan development, verification and maintenance chapters have also been substantially updated to reflect current practice and a new chapter on application within the food supply chain has been added. Appendices provide a new set of case studies of practical HACCP application plus two new case studies looking at lessons learned through food safety incident investigation. Pathogen profiles have also been updated by experts to provide an up-to-date summary of pathogen growth and survival characteristics that will be useful to HACCP teams.
The book is written both for those who are developing HACCP systems for the first time and for those who need to update, refresh and strengthen their existing systems. New materials and new tools to assist the HACCP team have been provided and the book discusses the current situation on issues that are still undergoing international debate, such as operational prerequisite programs.
Sara Mortimore is the Vice President of Product Safety, Quality Assurance, and Regulatory Affairs at Land O’Lakes, Inc., USA.
Carol Wallace is Principal Lecturer, Food Safety Management and Co-Director of the International Institute of Nutritional Sciences and Applied Food Safety Studies at the University of Central Lancashire, UK.See all Product description
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
The book itself is very interesting and handy, especially if you just introducing yourself with the ins and outs of HACCP in your business.
Would definitely recommend.
I would not be without it.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Health Issues
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners
- Books > Science & Nature > Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Chemical > Industrial Chemistry
- Books > Science & Nature > Engineering & Technology > Production, Manufacturing & Operational
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Public Health & Preventive Medicine