on 3 January 2017
About 2 years later, this bag looks a little worn but still good. Non of the stitching has come lose, very good quality bag.

Only improvement I would say is to make replace the rectangular connections between the strap and the bag with circular ones as if it's heavy, they can come out of place a little.
on 10 May 2013
I needed a case for work to include my usual stuff (umbrella, lunch, book & etc) and enough space for a fairly large folder. This bag is perfect. It is also light, robust and stylish. It isn't cheap, but you do buy quality that will, hopefully, endure for some tine to come. And it will never go out of fashion.
on 6 July 2013
I bought this bag as a present for my daughter's 30th birthday. Also, she has just qualified to be an English teacher in September! She said she will look well profesh walking around school with it. We are both very pleased with it.
on 18 May 2013
It took me ages to find a bag that I love the look of and would also fit my laptop snugly without being excessively huge. My laptop is 38cm long and it fits just perfectly in this bag. I think mine is a shade darker than the picture, I'd say almost chestnut. The leather is lovely and soft, but the whole thing has a wonderfully well made feel to it. The quality of the lining is good, as are all the fixings and buckles. I certainly can't see it falling to pieces after two weeks. The extras are a nice touch too, the packaging bag and the tub of leather wax.

It has a hint of old school satchel about it, which is why I bought it really. Despite it being German it is a very English bag. There is a separation flap inside so that your plug and adaptor don't scratch against your laptop, plus a few zip panels for paperwork or a spot of tuck for lunch.

All in all I'm really happy with this purchase. Highly recommended.
on 18 June 2013
I bought this bag for my daughter who going to start university in a few months. We hope it will last for the duration of her course. It seems quite sturdy with enough space for books and folders. Not as smelly as I expected from previous reviews. A small pot of polish was supplied. :)
on 8 March 2015
The most beautiful bag. Well made and quality leather. I've seen bags that are half the quality of this one sell for hundreds of pounds. Its a really special item that I'm proud to take out with me. Oh yes, and it smells gorgeous too! I'm going to buy my daughter one for college because as well as looking fabulous, its big enough to hold a tablet, mobile phone, make-up bag AND a lever arch A4 file without looking or feeling too bulky. Honestly, I rarely bother doing reviews on here but this bag absolutely deserves it! Incidentally it arrived beautifully packaged with a protective bag and a little tin of leather wax ( which I thought was a nice touch) in just 2 days!!
on 21 November 2012
This bag is every bit as beautiful and well-made as it appears in the photos. The leather is soft and well-stitched, and the buckles appear to be quite sturdy. The design gives me plenty of space for my school books, notebooks, iPad, phone, pens, powder, lunch, etc., without being all foofy-girly. It's an extremely functional bag that's also beautifully designed and made of high quality goatskin. It arrived in its own white cloth bag, along with a container of Gusti leather conditioner. Because the leather is not chemically -- but rather, naturally -- tanned it does smell a bit funny at first, but this wears off over a few days with use. It has rained most days on the mile walk to university but the rain doesn't seem to be affecting the bag at all. Also, Gusti included a leaflet on care of the item and in there I see that they will hand-make bags of the customer's own design as well. Overall this is a five-star item and you certainly will not be disappointed if you buy one!
33 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 May 2013
really pleased with this beautiful bag that arrived less than 48 hours after ordering. came in it's own slip bag with a pot of leather cream! Just a shame it was a gift and not for me!
on 19 June 2013
Over 40 years ago when I was at school, my mouth used to water as I longed for a real leather satchel, like those well off pupils used to have.
But the closest I ever got to owning one was just smelling the leather.
It didn't stop there as through life I searched and purchased various leather satchel,
some just so called leather and other that looked good and fell to bits.
I was just looking through the selection of bags on Amazon, which is a brilliant selection mind..
When I saw the Gusti Leather collection I started that mouth watering, just like it did at school. So I looked and searched and looked and searched but I kept coming back to Gusti.
The great look and such a good price.....
Well I ordered on and oh-boy a dream come true, the rustic look and feel, the warmth
on the inside, the Real Raw Leather straps and buckles I used to long to play with, at long last a dream come true, how beautiful the smell and feel of my new Gusti Genuine Leather Case Shoulder Bag.

Anyone who wants a real leather satchel get this Gusti.......
on 23 August 2013
I always wanted a bag similar to this, but they were always so expensive. I saw this quite a few months ago and spent a lot of time thinking it over and I am very pleased with it aesthetically. The colour of my bag is quite a bit darker than the photo, more chestnut brown. I have not yet had a chance to use it yet, but I have put my laptop in to test for size and it fits easily; it seems strong enough to hold it.

A lot of people mentioned the smell in terms of it being goat skin and I was a bit apprehensive when I opened the cloth bag it was in, however, it just smelled like normal leather. Though I must add that the leather smell was very strong, so strong it actually gave me a headache and I had to remove it from study. The smell has mostly faded now after a week. I'm looking forward to using and I don't foresee any problems as long as I look after it; just like any other leather bag.