Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus (Wii)
- Range of all-new moves, including the Force Break, a special move which consumes 25 per cent of the Tension Gauge when used and Slashback, a form of parrying with reduced block stun
- There are even moves which make opponents stick briefly to walls or slide across the floor of a stage!
- The return of fan favourites Justice and Kliff Undersn in the cast of 25 playable characters including 2 new characters, A.B.A and Order-Sol who have never been seen outside of Japan
- This classic fighting system returns along with new stages, characters, graphics, voices and the ability to create matches between old and new characters in the Generations Mode
- Complete Series Storey Mode is created both for those new to Guilty Gear and hardcore fans
- Discover the back story to all of your favourite characters in the Guilty Gear mythology, with fully voiced dialogue
- Extended Modes: create a three-man team in Versus Mode to find out which characters are the ultimate Guilty Gear team-up. Level up your character's abilities and traits in the retuned Survival Mode
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
- Platform: Nintendo Wii
- PEGI Rating: Suitable for 12 years and over. Not for sale to persons under age 12. By placing an order for this product, you declare that you are 12 years of age or over.
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Platform: Nintendo Wii
Guilty Gear is the legendary 2D-fighting series developed by Arc System Works, renowned for hi-res graphics, fast, screen filled action and wild heavy metal music inspired characters. Set on a fictional universe where the main characters, called GEARS, were developed as living, biological weapons. Follow the stories of these crazy combatants and dish out more mind-numbing insane combos the series is famous for.
The game that launched a new style of fighting is back with the most complete version ever.
There is a ton of new and familiar stuff for fans of the series, which is widely cited as one of the most balanced fighters among its peers. The Guilty Gear series contains numerous rock and metal music references, both in the game's music and in the names of characters and special attacks. Look out for connections to Guns n’ Roses, Queen and Iron Maiden.
Top customer reviews
Sadly, I fell off the series' radar after that. I elected to return to Nintendo and hence missed all of the (I'm told excellent) PS2/Xbox installments.
I was overjoyed to find that Guilty Gear was back on a platform I actually owned and I'm equally happy to state that I still love the franchise. XX Accent Core Plus is so smooth and refined, fine-tuned to perfection with brilliant character designs, a great soundtrack and a plethora of game modes.
I own Tatsunoko vs Capcom and if I were to choose between them, Guilty Gear is the fighter to own on Wii - so long as you own a classic controller. I haven't even bothered with the Wiimote/Nunchuck combo, it's just ridiculous.
Accent Core Plus is marginally different to the 2007 Wii release of Accent Core but a story mode is at long last included, along with yet more subtle refinements to the fighting system. I would still recommend a pick up even if you own Accent Core as long as you can find the game at a reasonable price. For fans of the series this one is unmissable as it is the last ever Guilty Gear. Sadly I've read that Blaz Blue on the other consoles has replaced this great series. But what a way to end!
If you love fighters, especially old-school 2D fighters, then this is one of the best you will find. However deduct a star if online play really, really matters to you.