on 12 November 2012
Love these meditations - JKZ leads with such authenticity. There are, however some quite long pools of silence in some of the meditations which is good to be aware of before you start, lest you think the recording has suddenly stopped!
on 5 August 2014
Jon Kabat-Zinn's name came to my notice through You Tube. These CDs are quite expensive (around £30 full price, although I got them on sale for around £20), but they are truly worth the money. Jon Kabat-Zinn has a wonderfully soothing yet authorative voice and a lovely way of getting the concepts of meditation across. I am planning to buy his other CDs and books.
on 1 November 2015
The whole series is good. Expensive. But hey - John needs to pay the bills and he is the best!
on 3 March 2015
WARM, CALMING VOICE WHICH IS VERY RELAXING. VERY GENUINE AND AUTHENTIC-NOT GIMMICKY. LOTS TO THINK ABOUT AND DO-EXCELLENT VALUE FOR MONEY.
on 29 August 2014
These breathing exercises I found to be very good in maintaining my awareness of my breath
on 28 August 2014
I use this every night to help me get to sleep as well as throughout the day as meditation
on 26 July 2013
I would recommend this for anyone whether they have ever meditated or not. Mindfulness would benefit the whole of the human race
on 18 September 2014
Good - different. but not as good as series 1 & 2
on 29 July 2016
Not for the lack of trying to get into mindfulness meditation for a beginner.
I have attended a week long ashram in Southern India & attended several mediation classes near to ware I live in the UK.
Bought some recommended cd's & books on the subject.
But still have enormous difficulty maintaining the momentum of meditating at home or away from the teacher / classroom.
This cd works for me maybe 75% (ish) but failed to keep me under the influence of meditation, my first cousin bought this for me, he teaches meditation & rated this cd as one of the best on the market.
So maybe some people just cannot maintain meditation, so still searching for a cd for beginners that some people have huge difficulty practising meditation away from the teacher.
Any good suggestions?
on 5 April 2015
Well, this is the man, the voice, the humour and the wisdom - what a package. Loved it.