- Mass Market Paperback: 139 pages
- Publisher: Center for Traditionalist Orthodox Studies (Sept. 1992)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0911165223
- ISBN-13: 978-0911165227
- Product Dimensions: 0.6 x 14 x 21.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,137,773 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
A Guide to Orthodox Life: Some Beliefs, Customs, and Traditions of the Church Mass Market Paperback – 1 Sep 1992
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
are applicable to all practicing Orthodox everywhere. The only book that
comes close is The Orthodox Companion, which was first published in the
1950s and which assumes that most of the people around you (family, friends,
neighbors) are also Orthodox. This book makes no such assumptions and is
full of practical advice when it comes to fasting and praying -- as well
as little-discussed subjects such as the Orthodox attitude to money and
etiquette when visiting a monastery. A must for the practicing Orthodox!
Many thanks to its authors. Can't reccomend it enough.