Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Learn more Handmade Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Pre-order now Shop now

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 3 Aug 2007 11:47:26 BDT
Gta 4 s now delayed till 2008

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2007 13:32:35 BDT
DAVE says:
Yeah I know it sucks, wonder how long it will take amazon to change the info?

In reply to an earlier post on 3 Aug 2007 21:08:56 BDT
i'm reading on the tech sites that the delay is due to.. technical difficulties with the ps3. Unfortunatly, though they have also said that it wont be coming out on the thtree-sixty before the PS3 because Rockstar have a contract saying they cannot favour the xbox over the playstation.

this could be a load of pork incased in pastry, however.

In reply to an earlier post on 6 Aug 2007 12:56:52 BDT
S. Bobby says:
Maybe it's to do with making sure that their product is worth it's weight. Maybe they're also a bit concerned about some of the game's content especially after Manhunt2 was cut. Maybe they've been warned about something in the game and have had to change a big part. Maybe they're just doing it to p1ss us off!!! Ha ha.... who knows? It's really not a bad thing - there's some great games coming out over the next few months. I'd love to see the "We won't favour the Xbox over the Playstation" contract... conspiracy even in gaming - awesome.

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Aug 2007 12:39:18 BDT
Personally i feel Rockstar should favour the Ps3, the idea of Playstation being the mother to all modern con's should be upheld. So the Best game to ever hit us (GTA) should feature first on the ps3..i do hope that so called "contract" is true.

Though talking abut GTA, any1 have any guess's to what the major changes are going to be? *(i.e Major partile upgrade? new improved ways/graphic improvement to various movements while in shoot to kill everything!) What will be different to all the other GTA's?

because atm im not quite sure PS3 has the "wow" factor it was counting on, it doesnt seem to place that gold medal infront of other con's saying "ha look at our big toy play".

Hope som1 can answer my questions :)

In reply to an earlier post on 22 Aug 2007 11:22:42 BDT
D. Pope says:
what a load of rubbish, well some of it. i agree the ps3 should be favoured, because its always come out first on sony consoles - they have supported rockstar from its rather crap 2d roots until now. Aussi, the ps3 is undeniably the better console and if the simultaneous release wasn't happening the ps3 game would be so much bigger and better in every respect. Also, if you had a ps3, you'd know it has all the wow factor in the world. I'v seen both, and i know which i was more impressed by. Ta ra

In reply to an earlier post on 10 Sep 2007 20:13:04 BDT
Last edited by the author on 10 Sep 2007 20:16:13 BDT
kalsey says:
@ Bruce Maclachlan

Indeed, it is all just speculation. That was an assumption made by a market analyst, and with a big internet-wide game of Chinese whispers turned it into a fact. Rockstar won't say or hint what caused it, so I suppose we're in the dark on that one.

@ A Review Please

The major changes will be a 720p resolution, obviously. Also R* have said there will only be one load time at the start then during gameplay, there will be zero load times, interior-outside links are seamless. The wanted level system is redesigned using a very radar-like mode and you can no longer carry an arsenal of weapons in your jacket pocket. There are a lot more, I could go on to double the length of this page.

All in all, its a lot more realistic now.

Its expected to be released around March/April 2008, despite what websites and magazines are saying.

In reply to an earlier post on 19 Sep 2007 18:57:55 BDT
type in grand theft auto 4 on wikipedia.org, it has a whole page of new updates and settings released by rockstar representatives

In reply to an earlier post on 20 Oct 2007 22:09:51 BDT
Kev Patrick says:
I was talking with a bloke in a games store and he was saying its probably due to a much simpler problem, the game wont fit on a DVD (not a problem for the ps3 as it has bluray). And you can see how this might delay the game. (also the stuff about 'exlusive' episodic content on the 360 has me suspicous, maybe thats their only way around the problem)

just another rumour I heard, but one that makes sense to me.

In reply to an earlier post on 23 Nov 2007 13:21:57 GMT
Irontallica says:
D. Pope please take your fanboish comments elsewhere, Ps3 Ps3 Ps3. Listen I have both consoles and I have to say that for the wow factor (so far) I have to go for the 360, there is really nothing I have been looking forward to on Ps3 yet (though there are loads coming, Killzone, MGS4, Haze etc), but the 360 has had (and is having) some fantastic games (Halo3, Mass Effect), Ps3's time will be 2008 i think, but for now it's M$ all the way.

Don't call me a fanboy, I'm a gamer

In reply to an earlier post on 8 Dec 2007 14:15:05 GMT
NAR says:
no S. Meharg it is just his opinion and that is yours if your talking about fanboys you both sound like fanboys

In reply to an earlier post on 16 Dec 2007 12:01:50 GMT
[Deleted by the author on 26 Feb 2008 18:19:48 GMT]

In reply to an earlier post on 24 Jan 2008 14:33:37 GMT
M. Doble says:
April 29TH confimed worldwide release date

In reply to an earlier post on 25 Jan 2008 13:48:05 GMT
Ballisticola says:
But that's a Tuesday? A bit odd?
Anyway, I think it's been delayed because of the sales of the PS3. They wouldn't of made much on the game if it had been released last year. Around 5.5 million were sold by last September and I don't think Rockstar would have known that...and if they did they would only have probably sold half of that. I think they've waited 6 months for the PS3 to sale more, makes sense. And of course any problems can be sorted out, it will probably end up being a better game.

But then there is the fact that Rockstar used to make the game for the PS2 and then port it over. And surely, with the 360 being easier to work with, that wouldn't cause a delay...unless it is because of it not fitting?

Or it could be all clever marketing ;) Or aliens :D
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  14
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  3 Aug 2007
Latest post:  25 Jan 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3)
Grand Theft Auto IV (PS3) by Rockstar (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars (387)