on 10 August 2015
I bought this along with 11 other Julia Donaldson Books(All Board Books). I did a lot of research before buying and building my 15 month old daughters first library along with Van Fleet, Eric Carle, Dr Suess etc. At first it was all about pictures then sounds then role play and now its the story in 12-13 months she has grown with these books and loves anything we introduce now. Each book has a 12-14 page story which gives you abundance of opportunity to spend quality time with your little one. Reading is just one of the things you can do with these. They are illustrated so very well with vibrant colours and end to end pictures that you have so much to explore if you introduce reading really young. I have copied some of the illustrations on to a A4 sheet given my daughter to color. Just buy when it says Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler together on a book.
on 19 May 2017
A great story which is kind of a continuation from the "The Gruffalo" -(which i also bought) I found my daugther equally found it engrossing and was engaged throughout the story. I think she likes it.
on 18 January 2016
kids loved it. Batteries have lasted for weeks so great to keep the kids entertained for all ages.
on 11 March 2017
Bought for our son's 3rd birthday as he loves the Gruffalo and the Gruffalo's Child stuff. He has been doing it at nursery, so we have bought the book to read with him.
Lovely little board book.
on 3 October 2013
I thought the book was perfect. so much better than I expected. my granddaughter loves it. especially being able to do the sounds while I read the story
on 24 March 2017
Super cute costume purchased for World Book Day for my four year old son to wear to school. It was a great fit and really well made. Came as a two part set so still easy for use of the toilet. Had wonderful comments on it and would definitely recommend if this is a favourite book in your house too.
on 6 April 2017
This is an instant classic and great to sit down with and read to the kids as it has a great sentence structure with a lot of rhyming and loads of pictures, making it good for children to follow.
on 14 January 2014
My granddaughter was in raptures at this beautiful book.
Julia Donaldson always produces brilliant books which are colourful and encourage children to look at the pictures. Then they want to learn the words - result!
Well packaged and delivered on time.
on 26 April 2017
Bought for my Grandson. Beautiful book that is such a pleasure to read out loud..
The pictures are a delight to look at as well.
on 21 January 2016
Got this my son for Christmas as he already had the gruffalo book. They are really good books, easy to read and easy for a child to remember and get involved with. We read this and watch the film too. Definite must have book.