- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Group Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy of Anxiety: A Transdiagnostic Treatment Manual Hardcover – 1 Jun 2012
|New from||Used from|
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
"What if there were a treatment model that allowed you to apply one set of principles across all of the anxiety disorders? After years of research, Norton can confidently show you a simple protocol that succeeds in challenging the thoughts, feelings and actions that maintain all anxiety, and that is specially designed for groups." - Reid Wilson, University of North Carolina School of Medicine, USA
"This book has sufficient detail for Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy beginners, yet the transdiagnostic perspective offers new insights even for readers with advanced skills. The book presents a fresh approach to case conceptualization rooted in the behavioral and cognitive elements maintaining irrational fears, rather than the specific content of the fear. Norton translates years of clinical research into an approach that is evidence based, efficient, and feasible in most practice settings. He incorporates traditional interventions (exposure, response prevention, and cognitive restructuring) as well as newer approaches, such as motivation enhancement and mindfulness. For each element of treatment, Norton provides a compelling rationale, structured guidance for the therapist, and frank discussion of common problems encountered." - Sheila R. Woody, University of British Columbia, Canada
About the Author
Peter J. Norton, PhD, is Professor in the School of Psychological Sciences at Monash University in Australia. Previously, he was Professor of Psychology at the University of Houston, where he directed the University's Anxiety Disorder Clinic. An internationally recognized expert in the study and cognitive-behavioral treatment of anxiety disorders, Dr. Norton has authored nearly 120 research studies; has delivered many presentations and workshops for the scientific community, therapists, and the general public; and sits on the editorial boards of two scientific journals. He is a recipient of the Theodore Blau Early Career Award for Outstanding Contribution to Professional Clinical Psychology from the Society of Clinical Psychology (Division 12 of the American Psychological Association), among other honors. His books include The Anti-Anxiety Workbook (for the general public) and Group Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy of Anxiety (for mental health professionals).
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It provides a good description of the program, with many details and solutions to what may cause problems. It helped me a lot in building a similar program for group CBT of anxiety.
The author explains how it is possible to treat different anxiety disorders throught a transdiagnostic approach, and it is very enlightening.
Though it is very detailed, the book it quite easy to read and to understand.
A must-have for every therpaist who wants to run a group CBT of anxiety !!
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta)
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Pathological Psychology
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences