Size: 8 UK|Colour: Green|Change

on 5 May 2012
Maybe our recent filthy weather is to blame, but none of our local stores seemed to have a good range of wellies for sale, so I gambled on a pair from Amazon instead...

After owning them for ten days, though not wearing them every day, I stood in a puddle to fetch a ball my dog had dropped. I soon realised one of the boots was leaking and ended up with a soggy sock. Not nice. Checking back home I found that the heel had worn away enough to create a hole. The heel appears to be hollow, and water coming in through that hole had got into the interior.

EDIT: Three weeks later the replacements leaked again, for the same reason. These are now officially the crappest wellingtons I have ever owned when it comes to keeping water out, and after all, that is their primary purpose.

Perhaps it's because I do a lot of walking on tarmac, but next time I will go for one with a solid heel, not a hollow one. I cannot recommend these to anyone.
0Comment| 121 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 5 December 2014
I needed to buy a pair of wellies for my husband and these looked perfect. Despite a couple of negative reviews I thought I'd give them a go because they look nice and are reasonably priced. Unfortunately when they were delivered today I opened up the box to find dirty damaged wellies! Despite being in a closed plastic bag they were covered with dirt/dust and had marks all over them where the black has come off!
I've ordered a replacement and I'm returning these. Let's hope my replacement wellies turn up in a better condition because I'm really disappointed with Amazon for sending such a poor condition and obviously damaged item to me.
review image review image
on 5 February 2013
The boots are good looking and almost have a high polished sheen, however, after 2 weeks the soles started to crack and let in water. They are now in the bin
on 14 February 2011
I wanted to buy myself a really good pair of wellies and the Grisport seemed to tick all the boxes. When they arrived they looked really great - robust and thick with a great sole. However, looks can be deceiving. When I pulled them on and walked around in them for a few moments I realised that they were too wobbly and bendy around the leg area. Every time I took a step the boot bent in an awkward manner around my leg so that I felt it pushing into my leg. It's hard to describe, but the overall sensation was one of flopping around. Since I wear wellies every day (one of the joys of being a dog owner) I knew that this was not the way a wellie was supposed to fit or feel and I also knew that I wouldn't be able to walk around in them without discomfort and annoyance, so I had to send them back. I think the problem lies with the fact the material that these wellies are made from is too soft. Something stiffer is required around the leg area to prevent the buckling and bending. Disappointing really because they really did look gorgeous. I'm afraid I'll have to stick to the £10 model from B&Q!
44 comments| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 March 2011
One of the Boots is misshapen at the toe, and both the innersoles were not attatched and rucked up after the first wearing. The Boots are so poorly made, that I would not recomend them.
on 17 February 2013
The HEALS on these boots are leaking. I have had them since the 4th. January this year. Can they be replaced. PLEASE
on 4 December 2011
get the size which normally suits you, not one up or one down. else, if one up is chosen, it is loose. these are quite thin & lightly built, a heavier design may be better.
on 18 February 2011
Good fit,comfortable wellies. Well priced and good value for money.

Standing up to my dog walking in the woods and fields well so far.
on 22 February 2014
What wonderful quality for such a price, some wellies cost a fortune but considering their use can't see the point in paying so much. These are very good quality for the price, would highly recommend!
on 22 February 2011
Good quality wellies, but small. Order a size bigger than you actaully need. Too loose around the ankle for walking in squelchy country mud. Returned because too small and not suitable for walking conditions where I live. Absolutely no problems with service, delivery, refund - all excellent.