- Product Dimensions: 0.8 x 5.9 x 12.4 cm ; 59 g
- Boxed-product Weight: 159 g
- Delivery Destinations: Visit the Delivery Destinations Help page to see where this item can be delivered.
Find out more about our Delivery Rates and Returns Policy
- Item model number: 605031-SVFB
- ASIN: B0099VXLCU
- Date first available at Amazon.co.uk: 21 Sept. 2012
- Average Customer Review: 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (495 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank:
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE UK delivery
+ FREE UK delivery
Griffin Survivor Black/Black for New iPhone 5 Military-Duty Case & Belt Clip
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Designed and independently tested to meet conditions outlined in US Department of Defense MIL-STD-810
- Integral Display shield deflects wind and rain (Test: up to 200 mm/hr for 1 hour)
- Rigid internal frame protects against shocks and drops (Test: drop on flat concrete surface from 6'/1.8 m)
- Sealed ports block blown sand and dust (Test: up to 18 m/sec for 1 hour)
- Silicone cladding blocks vibration (Test: 18 hrs at 20 to 2000 Hz)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Griffin Survivor Extreme-Duty Protective Case for iPhone 5 - Black
1 x case
What do customers buy after viewing this item?
Top Customer Reviews
Glass, for heaven's sake. It is an accident waiting to happen. I know at least three people who managed to crack either the front or the back, or both sides of their iPhone. Protection is essential.
The Griffin Survivor is neither beautiful, nor elegant and it is certainly not sleek. It makes my phone about three times thicker and it takes up a lot more room in my pocket.
I don't care - it is the best case I've found so far, encasing the entire unit in a hard inner and flexible outer shell, and making me feel a lot happier about handling it. I can operate all the functions without removing the case - camera, headphones, sound on/off, touchscreen, charger, etc.
Fitting the case took about five minutes - the instructions were easy to follow. Yes, it actually comes with instructions, which is unusual for a phone case, but the different layers of protection do have to be fitted in a certain order. Once it's correctly fitted, it's probably better to leave it on. It's a bit cumbersome to take it on and off constantly. If you're the type of person who likes to have lots of covers and change them three times a day, this is not the one for you.
So yes, I like it - it is exactly what I wanted. I suppose a girly pink cover would look nicer, but I'm keeping this one.
Result: I'm looking for another case to protect my iPhone, but one that actually lets me use the device. Very poor item for the money.
This is better than the earlier types but still needs some work to make it 5 star
Most Recent Customer Reviews
When the phone is in the case one can hardly (or not) do calls.Published 5 months ago by BASTIAAN H.
Great protection from dust and knocks but the camera cover vanished after a few weeks. It's only attached by a thin bit of siliconePublished 7 months ago by spud bucket
The case is really good for protecting the phone from drops and scratches.Published 8 months ago by Mike