on 30 November 2012
If, like me, you have an Audio input to your car stereo, but no USB, then this device can help play your iPod Touch music etc. Has Play/Pause, next track/previous track.

It works well with a couple of little foibles.

1. I had a previous version and the leads came out of the side of the device. On this version they come out of the top & bottom. In my BMW, the leads interfere with the lid over the power socket so after a while it starts to creep up.

2. You have to have the unit in view. If your power socket is hidden under an arm rest (for example), it's not much use.

Other than that, it's really good.

Alan
on 20 November 2011
This is a remarkably simple product. Download the ITrip app from the app store (very small) and once plugged into the Iphone (mine is a 4s) or an Ipod Touch (Mine is a 4) then it fires up, chooses three low contention frequencies and, once your car radio is tuned in to that frequency, you are away. The whole setup process took less than 5 minutes. I have only used it on a few shortish journeys since then and experienced no interference, sound quality is pretty good and, frankly, you have to listen quite hard with the car stationary to hear any background noise. I can see that in a suburban environment interference may be a problem. Overall - excellent.
One person found this helpful
on 26 January 2012
I was looking forward receiving this since my volvo s40 has a great sound system but no AUX or bluetooth connection to connect my iphone4.
Setup was a matter of few minutes, simply download the app on iphone, find unused frequency and off you go.
I was mainly interested if this will only work with music files on iphone or literally any app. To my great surprise it will transfer any sound from any app, except telephone conversations (which I was hoping it would do). Living in West London one is often stuck in stand-still traffic and this provides a great way of watching bbc/sky news and finally hearing what they say! :) I also occasionaly use satnav on my iphone so the sound from it now goes through my car stereo.
Overally - very satisfied.
on 17 October 2013
Truly innovative product. My life in the car is so much easier now. By removing complicated controls for FM to an app has made finding the right channel faster and more efficient. The quick controls on the device are easy to find and exactly what i need while on the move. Would highly recommend and i will only need to replace when i update my phone and need a lightning connector.
on 24 April 2014
You have to make sure that your stereo is set to the correct input (AUX probably) and that the car is running or ignition is on (so the ciggy lighter is juiced up) and that's it.
Control music from your ipad or from the controls on the ciggy lighter unit.
Easy peasy.
on 4 March 2014
I'm on my second one of these which has just stopped working. The wiring connected to the plug unit is easily dislodged/loosened\broken. However, when it works, it works well, I am able to fast forward, rewind and pause without taking eyes off the road. I use it with an iphone 5 with an adaptor. Now I'm considering whether to buy a third. If it wasn't for the delicate wiring I would give this product 5 stars.
One person found this helpful
on 6 August 2013
The product looks very good with its smart led plug in interface however the transmission quality is average and is fiddly to change channel (must download app on iphone/ipod and change frequency through it). Also doesnt come with a stand. Charges item well though. Overall not quite worth £28
on 14 November 2011
looking for replacement for my lost play and charge,couldnt find one so bought a radio frequency jobby from maplins .....load of rubbish! spotted this one on amazon and its exactly the same as my old one.great little gadget and its always charged up when i take it out of the car.........happy days!
on 1 November 2013
No need to take my eye off the road if I want to change songs, there's a little notch on the controller so I know where I am. Really handy to pause and skip. Easy to tune in with the app. I'll always use this, the previous model had no skip control on songs. Would recommend
on 6 August 2016
Really great product, crystal clear audio in the car and really nice option of being able to pause and skip forwards and back from the lighter socket itself to avoid faffing about with the iPod itself, so very driver friendly