Grief Counselling and Grief Therapy Paperback – 2 Dec 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
'The fourth edition of this book retains all the theoretical strengths and clinical wisdom of past editions, while incorporating emerging theories and cutting-edge research. It is required reading for any counselor, educator, or researcher who wishes to understand grief.' - Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, Professor, The Graduate School, The College of New Rochelle; Senior Consultant, The Hospice Foundation of America, USA
From the Back Cover
"Designated a Doody's Core Title!
""In the fields of death education, research and counseling/psychology, surely Bill Worden is a giant....ALL of us, personally and professionally, are indebted to J. William Worden. From his work we may be just a bit wiser, a bit healthier, a bit more competent, and a lot more in touch with meaning (our own and those of others) for the sake of all who mourn."" --Illness, Crisis, & Loss
Recipient of The International Work Group on Death, Dying and Bereavement Herman Feifel Award.
Dr. Worden presents the highly anticipated fourth edition to Grief Counseling and Grief Therapy, the gold standard of grief therapy handbooks. The previous editions, translated into 12 languages, received worldwide acclaim for their sensitive, insightful, and practical approach to grief counseling. In this updated and revised fourth edition, Dr. Worden presents his most recent thinking on bereavement drawn from extensive research, clinical work, and the best of the new literature.
- The task model has been modified to account for new thinking and research findings in the field, including meaning making, resilience, and continuing bonds
- A new chapter on the Mediators of Mourning helps clinicians to understand what accounts for individual differences in adapting to the death of a loved one
- Looks at recent controversies in the field including the best way to understand complicated bereavement and the efficacy of grief counseling and therapy
- Presents the vital distinction between grief and trauma, and highlights different intervention approaches for each
Comprehensive and highly organized, this text is useful to therapists just beginning to work in the field as well as seasoned practitioners. " --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.See all Product Description
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Guiding you that it is alright to have these feelings and that you are ok.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
This book helped to give me more of an informed insight into this topic.Published 9 months ago by Mrs K Robinson
Have browsed through this book from time to time at work and I am now very pleased to own my own copy so I can refer as and when necessary. Excellent bookPublished 11 months ago by Kay
Super fast service and very pleased with condition of book. Thank youPublished 11 months ago by Donna Percival
Bought to help with my Diploma Course as recommend by the Collage.Published 21 months ago by L. Baker
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Other Branches of Medicine > Psychiatry
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Applied Psychology > Psychotherapy
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Psychology & Psychiatry > Specific Topics > Mental Health & Illness
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Clinical Psychology & Psychotherapy
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Medical Sciences A-Z > Psychotherapy & Clinical Psychology
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z