- Save 10% on Books for Schools offered by Amazon.co.uk when you purchase 10 or more of the same book. Here's how (terms and conditions apply) Enter code SCHOOLS2016 at checkout. Here's how (terms and conditions apply)
Grettir's Saga (Oxford World's Classics) Paperback – 26 Jul 2009
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Special Offers and Product Promotions
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
Jesse Byock is a specialist in North Atlantic and Viking Studies, and director of the Mosfell Archaeological Project in Iceland. His previous translations from Old Norse include The Prose Edda (Penguin, 2005), Sagas and Myths of the Norsemen (Penguin, 2006), The Saga of the Volsungs (University of California Press 1990), and The Saga of King Hrolf Kraki (Penguin, 1998). He has also participated in documentaries on the Vikings for the BBC and the History Channel.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
My issue with this edition is that it is printed by Amazon. Usually the covers for these books have a matt finish but this one is quite glossy. Also the best and images on the cover are of a much lower quality than usual. Now again, this makes no difference to the text itself. I do, however, find it slightly disconcerting that there appears to be no information regarding this kind of printing and it doesn't exactly explain why. I assume Amazon and publishers are working together by printing book-on-demand so to speak. But it would have been nice if I was warned of this before hand.
The lack of information about this kind of printing makes me concerned and that is all I wished to raise, so that someone else looking will be aware that they may receive a (what looks to be a fake) from Amazon.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Biography > Social & Health Issues > Cultural History
- Books > Fiction > Family Sagas
- Books > Fiction > Myths & Fairy Tales
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Period
- Books > History > Archaeology > By Region
- Books > Languages > By Language > German
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > History & Criticism
- Books > Poetry, Drama & Criticism > Poetry > Genres > Norse & Icelandic Sagas
- Books > Romance > Sagas
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Fairy Tales
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Linguistics > Reference