on 1 March 2004
Having bought my first greenhouse and full of enthusiasm and eager to grow everything, I found this book to be a great companion.
Divides the seasons, indicates suitable seeds and plants to grow, and give the absolute beginner like myself, a direction without too much information and technical plant info too soon!
thank you, my greenhouse is currently full of seedlings in February!
on 11 May 2003
I particularly liked this book because it is not devoted to the choices of greenhouses - like most people, mine came with the house. I wanted a book that would get straight into the basics and this book does that. The photographs are very clear and the 'tips' sections on most pages are like having your own garden expert on hand. Each season's tasks are covered with lots of relevant facts and tips. All in all a wothwhile book for learning the basics that ensures that your greenhouse is used for more than just tomatoes!
0Comment| 94 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2009
The other reviews here are inadvertently misleading.

Yes, there is a season by season guide but this is a relatively small part of the book (approx 20 pages of the 128 pages). Much of the book is about types of greenhouse, siting, ventilation etc. which is of very little use if you inherit a greenhouse or have bought one based on cost or size but just want to know what to put in it.

Also, be warned that the majority of the growing information is related to flowers. We wanted a book on growing all sorts of things but primarily fruit/vegetables that would ultimately go into an allotment. As a result, only about 10% of the book is of any use (to us), the rest is worthless (to us).

Clearly the other reviewers got a lot from the book. Just be warned it may not be for everyone.
on 6 March 2009
Good book with helpful hints and tips. Lots of pictures and easy to follow instructions. Make the most of your greenhouse every season.
on 5 July 2010
Personally, I was disappointed with this book, but that is because I really wanted something specifically on growing vegetables in a green house. From my perspective this book goes into too much detail on propogation and flowers, without giving a really clear guide to what vegetables I can grow in any specific month. I am sure if someone is looking for something more in depth, rather than an uncomplicated quick start, they would be happy with it.
on 18 October 2009
Both my daughter and myself must have been thinking alike when we both bought a copy for my husband's birthday. He is delighted with it and commented that he wished he had had this book before buying his new, first greenhouse, but that it was giving him great ideas about what to do or not in the greenhouse. Having looked through it myself, it looks very clear and concise, with lots of basic guidance for the beginner and in-depth information for the more accomplished grower. Now to get my copy back on to Amazon! I guarantee you won't be disappointed with this book.
on 24 August 2015
If you are into gardening, this is just great. Easy to read and understand. I bought this as a present for my daughter who has just started growing flowers and vegetables in her greenhouse. Now she has 2 greenhouses and is expanding her knowledge every week!
on 20 January 2016
as an absolute beginner and I acquired my green house with our new house. I was looking for a month by month guide to basic greenhouse gardening. not quite basic enough for me ,too much information on the type of greenhouse, where to put your greenhouse etc.
on 13 September 2014
Very helpful. As a new greenhouse gardener the information has been invaluable so far and gets referred to regularly. Wish I had found this earlier. Now look forward to a new season of growing.
on 4 December 2012
I bought this for my daughter who is launching out into greenhouse gardening and it will prove to be a great help to her
once she gets going.