- Paperback: 104 pages
- Publisher: New Holland (1 Jun. 2001)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1859749267
- ISBN-13: 978-1859749265
- Product Dimensions: 18.1 x 11.9 x 0.7 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 392,344 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Green Guide to Seashore Life of Britain and Europe (Green Guides) Paperback – 1 Jun 2001
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Travel and natural history writer, Bob Gibbons, explores the wide range of plants and animals to be found on Britain's coast, with concise descriptions and colour illustrations of 150 species. A great companion if you're planning a spring walk on the beach. Plus, it offers inspiration for coastal-inspired planting schemes you can try in your own plot. BBC Gardeners World --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
About the Author
Bob Gibbons is a renowned botanist, author and tour leader who is based in Dorset but has travelled across much of Europe and the world in search of wildlife. His previous titles include Wildflower Wonders of the World. --This text refers to an alternate Paperback edition.
Top Customer Reviews
I don't know about you but I have a habit when I am walking on the beach of looking at everything just in front of my feet; I have time to do that now. It's really amazing what you can find, not just once in a while, but everyday. On my beach at Bacton , Norfolk there are fossils, semi-precious stones, even amber, that I pick up and take home to polish in my tumbler polisher. There are washed up creatures from the sea, often I know what they are, things like mussels, starfish and whelk shells. But now that I really have time to look I notice a multitude of other things: the many types of seaweed, the different types of mussels, and then the tiny things amongst the the jetsam and flotsam of the tideline, amazing little creatures like sandhoppers and sea slaters. Now I didn't know what all these other things were, and being inquisitve,I wanted to know, so naturally I looked for a suitable pocket sized book to help me. That's when I discovered,"Seashore Life of Britain and Europe" (Green Guide) by Bob Gibbons. As an introduction to life on Britain's seashores it can't be bettered and if your thirsty for more knowledge there's good advice for further reading witin this excellent little pocket guide.
Dan Corbett August 2010
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Home & Garden > Gardening
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Habitats
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Animal Sciences > Marine Life
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Botany & Plant Sciences
- Books > Science & Nature > Biological Sciences > Hydrobiology
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Geography > Physical
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Oceanography
- Books > Science & Nature > Food & Farming > Forestry & Silviculture
- Books > Science & Nature > Nature > Wild Animals > Aquatic Creatures
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Biology