2,635
Size: iPad Air, 2013|Colour Name: Green|Change
Price:£21.95+ £3.95 shipping

on 20 November 2013
I ordered this item after purchasing the iPad Air and wanted to protect it.
I received the item today and to my surprise is far superior of what I thought.
The iPad fits in perfectly and securely giving an all round protection.
Included was also a screen protector.
By the way, his is a genuine review.
Since writing this review, I ordered another Smart Case cover for a friend of mine
for an iPad Air he is planing to give as a Xmas present to his wife. I am very pleased with mine.
I don't understand where are all these negative reviews are coming from.
33 comments| 116 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 November 2014
I bought this Ipad case around 6 months ago. I see rave reviews on products all the time and now will generally only post after having an item for a reasonable length of time. One corner of the case broke within weeks but the iPad remained secure. As the months have passed,only one corner remains intact (see attached photo) and I am writing this as the iPad case can no longer securely attach the iPad making it completely redundant as well as being a complete waste of money. Regards.
review image
on 27 August 2012
I only received the case this morning, so this is really a "first impressions".

The first thing I noticed was the quality of the case. For something so cheap, it certainly doesn't feel tacky or have poor materials; it feels very high quality. The iPad clips into the case easily and holds it firmly, so it's going to be almost impossible for it to fall out. The magnets on the cover and the sleep/wake function works seamlessly and, for some reason, it's satisfying not having to actually swipe to unlock the display. I'm aware this is a feature on Apple's official (and completely over priced) SmartCovers, so I was pleased when I noticed this had similar functionality.

There really aren't many negatives that I've encountered so far. Like many have already pointed out, the screen will lock if the cover is pinned all the way back while holding it but this can be rectified by simply holding the cover at a slight angle to the iPad, misaligning the magnets with the device. It's not a big issue though. My only other concern is that the microfibre side of the cover can pick up lint or fluff from the carpet and can be hard to remove, but again this is not a massive problem.

Apple really need to have another look at the prices they're charging for some of their accessories; £35 JUST for a polyurethane cover is appalling, and £40 for a polyurethane case isn't much better.

For £15 for this case, you get all the bells and whistles that the Apple case has for a fraction of the price. Please don't waste your money needlessly on an Apple Smart Cover, just purchase this case and save a fortune.

Top marks and a good investment.
on 18 November 2013
Delivered on time, delighted with this case which looks good, fits well and is far cheaper than the Apple accessory. Very slim and looks high quality. Highly recommended (and it is rare for me to award 5 stars)
on 17 November 2013
I do not write reviews usually,
but this case was that good I felt I should share my thoughts,
my wife has a genuine apple case on her ipad 4,
I refused to pay 65 quid and found
this case,and is just as good,and a third of the price
on 15 November 2013
Did not know what to expect with this product, but on delivery it was brilliant a real benefit to the iPad 5. I would certainly recommend this product for anybody purchasing an iPad 5.
11 comment| 77 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2013
Fits extremely well and doesn't feel like it would fall out, yet it is still easy to put in and take out.
Every hole for the buttons line up precisely.

Would easily recommend to anyone. Out of all the unofficial cases I have bought over the years, this is by far the best. No need to spend 3x as much on an official Apple case.
As soon as I bought the iPad air, my next step was to buy a case. The shop only had the original Apple case which cost a fortune, yet I had no option but to buy it. Whilst it looks great, I found that it increasingly annoying to use the volume buttons as these are covered by thick leather thus rendering them quite difficult to locate and operate.

So I decided to to buy other cases, one of which was the Veo (Red) and the Invasion (Black).

Now the iPad Air weighs 469g Wi-Fi, and 478g Wi-Fi + Cellular versions.
The Veo case weighs 230.7g, which is basically 50% of the iPad itself.

Just for interest the iPad case weighs 148.7g, and the Invasion comes in at 208.5g

The Veo case is very well made, looks great and offers good protection. Some may find that a considerable amount of pressure needs to be applied for the clips to click in place. If pressed hard enough, they will eventually grip to the iPad Air.

I personally use the Veo, even though it weighs more than the other cases. The premium quality materials and matt finish, reminiscent of the iPad's original case have done the trick for me.

Yet every individual has his own requirements and expectations. I do not go out much, so the extra weight does not really affect me. Some may want a lighter case, whilst others, a sturdier heavier one. So it boils down to personal choice.
on 20 November 2012
Firstly it must be said that delivery was very prompt and Purplemoose have agreed to take back the product for a full refund but the white case is not of the quality the picture suggests.

As a previous reviewer has stated the pictures really flatter what is, in my opinion, a very cheap looking product and while it may be no worse than the Apple smart case (don't know I haven't got one), it certainly is not of the quality of the Targus type, all encompassing, rotating cases which can be picked up for around £10 on Amazon.

I bought a white VEO case and in the illustration it looks as though the base is the same colour as the lovely looking white cover, it is not, it has basically got the nice white cover glued, in an obvious and none aesthetically pleasing way, to a very cheap looking grey base.

I think the difference is partly down to the different colour profiles available as in the video submission of the top rated review of this product, he has a black VEO case with a black base and it looks OK but this is not the case with the white version.

I really wanted something with a much thinner profile for dropping into a briefcase which is why I bought one of these as well as a rotating iPad case but I think on reflection, I will just stick with the one, rotating case.

Dissapointing!

UPDATE.
What is also concerning is how within 2 days of being posted, this review got a "no" on the "is this review helpful" which coincided with the date it would have arrived back at Purplemoose. Combined with quite a few positive comments from people who only seem to review Purplemoose products, I think that the reviews are being manipulated for this product as it is certainly overpriced for what it is in my opinion.

Further Update!
The second negative helpful review then came within 24 hours of my update, to me, confirming my suspicions. I am expecting a third shortly!
on 12 November 2012
When this turned up I thought it looked fantastic, feels sturdy and a good overall product. However, when I attached it to the 4th gen iPad, I quickly discovered that when you flip the screen around to use it the magnet touches the opposite side of the screen from where the sensor is on the front and sends the iPad to sleep. Quite annoying if you use the iPad to read or play games (or, pretty much anything!)

I've had Apple replace the iPad thinking that it must be a sensor problem but that had the same issue. I then tried out Apples product and that works fine.

Do NOT buy this if you have the iPad 4 - I can't tell you if previous iPads have the problem but this is rubbish now!