Shop now Shop now Shop now See more Shop all Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop now Shop now Shop now

Great game but what will the fallout be?!

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: 24 Nov 2010 09:11:23 GMT
M. Gaunt says:
I've got to say the game does look beautiful in a lot of respects, the idea of fighting as a resistance fighter in your homeland and in scenes that are familiar to you will undoubtedly be a good gaming experience. However is now really the time to advertise such a game when the US is conducting joint military training with South Korea after North Korea's hostilities?!

I know it's only a game but North Korea were pretty angry after Mercenaries portrayed them as the bad guys and this mentions their leaders by name!!

I hope the game is as great as it looks and lives up to the concept, I just hope that it doesn't have too much effect politically.

Posted on 15 Jan 2011 23:10:06 GMT
I doubt any of them will take notice.

I can understand NK having an reaction to Mercenaries as it *cough* brings up history but the game never portrayed them as enemies directly but this? This is another wartime fantasy which the U.S are begging for.

Besides, given the past nature on these types of games the ending is going to even more cheesy than cheese itself. Again, these Communism VS Capitalism has got to stop! It's been 20 years since the cold war ended and the story is getting old.

Posted on 15 Mar 2011 07:40:47 GMT
Petey Suarez says:
There won't be any Fallout from this just like there wasn't from Modern Warfare 2 portraying the Russians as the invading hordes. As Mad825 said it's just the mental masturbation of a cold war fetishist spewing a nonsensical story out of his scrambled brain. If anything it should cheer up the North Koreans because instead of just being a joke regime starving it's own people through stupidity and paranoia it's shown it has taken over Asia and North America with great haste and military prowess maybe Kim Jong-Un will just load up the game and leave it at level 1 and laugh.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  24 Nov 2010
Latest post:  15 Mar 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about