The Great War, Memory and Ritual: Commemoration in the City and East London, 1916-1939 (Royal Historical Society Studies in History New Series) Hardcover – 15 Nov 2001
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
A very good and very readable detailed case study. ARMCHAIR AUCTIONS The war memorials of the 1914-1918 war are to be found everywhere in the British Isles (.) Through the meticulous scholarship of Mark Connelly, we can once again hear the voices of those who created them. ENGLISH HISTORICAL REVIEW A deep knowledge of memoirs, newspaper files, and local archives enables Connelly to show the communitarian codes that underlay the war memorial movement as well as the conflicts and divisions these activities occasioned. ALBION
About the Author
Professor of Modern British Military History, University of Kent
Top Customer Reviews
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Art, Architecture & Photography > Architecture > Types of Architecture > Memorials & Monuments
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Early Modern 1501-1700 (Tudors, Stuarts, Commonwealth, Restoration, Glorious Revolution)
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > Ireland
- Books > History > Britain & Ireland > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > History > Cultural History > London
- Books > History > Europe > Inter-war Period 1919-1938
- Books > History > Europe > World War I 1914-1918
- Books > History > Military History > World War I
- Books > History > World History > World War I 1914-1918