The Great Pox: Syphilis and Its Antecedents in Early Modern Europe Hardcover – 2 Jan 1997
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
John Henderson is Reader in Latin Literature at the University of Cambridge and Fellow of King's College. His recent books include: Pliny's Statue: The Letters, Self-Portraiture & Classical Art (2002), Telling Tales on Caesar: Roman Stories from Phaedrus (2001), Writing down Rome: Comedy, Satire, and Other Offences (1999), and Fighting for Rome: Poets and Caesars, History and Civil War (1998). Aesop's Human Zoo: Roman Stories About Our Bodies, and HORTVS: The Roman Gardening Book, are both forthcoming (2004).
Roger French is Lecturer in the Department of History and Philosophy of Science, University of Cambridge, and a Fellow of Clare Hall. --This text refers to the Paperback edition.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book has been written by established medical historians who have researched and presented their subject well, and this book will appeal to anyone who has a serious interest in the subject.
It will appeal particularly to readers of Medieval, Religious and Scientific history as much as it will medical history. Although it is quite expensive, for the serious reader it will be a worthwhile and valuable resource, which is why I have given it five stars.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Health, Family & Lifestyle > Medical & Healthcare Practitioners > Internal Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Infectious & Contagious Diseases
- Books > History > Cultural History
- Books > History > Europe > Renaissance, Reformation, Thirty Years War 1501-1750
- Books > History > Other Historical Subjects > History of Medicine
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Health & Welfare
- Books > History > World History
- Books > Science & Nature > Medicine > Diseases & Disorders > Infectious & Contagious Diseases
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Medicine & Nursing > Medical Sciences A-Z > Diseases & Disorders