Great British Weather Disasters Hardcover – 20 Sep 2008
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
This is a timely herald and fascinating book that is uniquely British in its concern'. --The Catholic Herald
About the Author
Philip Eden is the weather correspondent of the Daily Telegraph and Sunday Telegraph. He also presents his own programme on BBC Radio Five Live.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
It is easy to read, irrespective of your level of knowledge on the subject, and is very well researched.
It is written in an individual, sometimes amusing, but always informative style
It is both an interesting read and useful reference book.
The author takes a look - redressing the balance - at why so-called extreme weather events are often "spun" by government and industry for the benefit of their own political and commercial interests, when in fact similar events have often occured in the past. It also is written at a time when there is a lot of concern around about climate change making extreme weather in the UK possibly more likely. Are we more at risk than in the past or are we just less able to cope nowadays?
The book is very informative and highly recommended for anyone with a general interest in weather; there are interesting photos, synoptic charts, tables and statistics on the topics covered.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > History > Social & Economic History > Health & Welfare
- Books > Science & Nature > Earth Sciences & Geography > Meteorology
- Books > Science & Nature > Environment & Ecology > Natural Disasters
- Books > Science & Nature > Mathematics > Popular Maths
- Books > Science & Nature > Popular Science > Weather
- Books > Scientific, Technical & Medical > Earth Sciences
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Academic Philosophy
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Social Issues > Social Welfare & Services