Great British Railway Journeys Hardcover – 6 Jan 2011
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
• ‘A glorious insight into Britain over the last 150 years – its history, landscape and people – from the window of Britain's many and magnificent railway journeys […] It fills in the gaps, gives you more insight, takes you further, as it were. Charlie Bunce's words are the perfect compliment to Portillo's commentaries, and the entire book is a delight to read. The original photography is stunning, while the historical photographs are simply fascinating. All in all, this is a book no serious history student of this period can afford to be without. It's for armchair travellers, yes indeed, but it's much more valuable than that.’ – Books Monthly's Nonfiction Choice for February
• A ‘delightful pictorial travelogue’ – Annabel Ford, Cox & Kings
• ‘A colourful insight into Britain over the last 150 years’ – National Geographic Traveller
About the Author
Charlie Bunce has spent his working life in broadcasting producing many award-winning programmes. He is now Editor of Factual Programmes at talkbackTHAMES, where he produced Grand Designs and Great British Railway Journeys.
Michael Portillo was an MP for nearly 20 years and held three ministerial positions in the cabinet. He now has a regular weekly television show about politics, and has made documentaries on a range of subjects, including Great British Railway Journeys.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
This book is excellent with informative text and super illustrations and manages to combine social history with the enthusiasm for rail travel.
A good substitute for Bradshaw's Hand Book which is unattainable
I would highly recommend it to all railway enheuiasts.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Given as a gift and they are really pleased as they followed the tv seriesPublished 1 month ago by albert
A good version of Michael Portillo's trips, item delivered promptlyPublished 4 months ago by Amazon Customer
This is just the book for an armchair traveller. Only regret their is no acknowledgement made of Michael's Tailor.Published 6 months ago by R. S. Nicholls