- Hardcover: 352 pages
- Publisher: Atlantic Books (9 Mar. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1843541327
- ISBN-13: 978-1843541325
- Product Dimensions: 16.7 x 3.7 x 22.6 cm
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (5 customer reviews)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 1,208,539 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Great British Bus Journeys: Travels Through Unfamous Places Hardcover – 9 Mar 2006
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
About the Author
David McKie joined the Guardian in 1965. He was deputy editor from 1975 to 1984 and author of the much-loved 'Elsewhere' and 'Smallweed' columns.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
The use of language is elegent and vividly descriptive. I particularly like the way McKie weaves history with the landscape and finds some much of interest in what might to many appear rather non-descript towns and villages.
A "must read" for anyone with an ounce of travelling romance left in their souls.
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Reference > Transport
- Books > Science & Nature
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Government & Politics
- Books > Society, Politics & Philosophy > Social Sciences > Urban & Rural Planning
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Countries & Regions > United Kingdom
- Books > Travel & Holiday > Travel Writing