on 20 October 2017
good book
on 17 October 2017
A lovely book. Easy to follow and great ideas.
on 29 October 2017
Great photos and a lovely inspirational book for crochet makers and craft makers out there!
on 28 October 2017
Fab u lous!! Thank you
on 25 August 2015
Having far too many craft books on my bookshelves already that I don't use for actual crafts, only to look through for pretty pictures, I borrowed this one from the library, liking its cute title and design. The pictures are indeed lovely, although I wouldn't want to live with some of the ideas, but the narrative came across as a bit cloying and repetitive - lots of things described as "handy dandy" and "peachy", which added nothing to the text except making it sound rather affected. There is also an awful lot of padding and relatively few actual projects, and the instructions are often very short. I felt that the authors enjoyed waxing lyrical about the notion of "granny chic" and showing off the way they're living that way, while not feeling very motivated to give actual solid advice or directions. A bit disappointing, though if, as I did, you just borrow it from the library rather than buying a copy, you won't feel short-changed. I'd also query their use of the term "granny chic", because I suspect most grannies these days don't spend their days wearing pinnies knitting tea-cosies and rearranging their doily collection (a must-have, according to this book).
on 22 January 2013
Although this is a pretty book to flick through I didn't find one 'recipe' that I wanted to follow. Found it all a bit twee and the words babyish. Also didn't think the instructions were all that informative - get a teacup, put a wick in it and fill with wax! What about temperature to melt the wax, size/ type of wick, correct type of wax. Just not enough useful info for my liking.
on 4 December 2012
I flicked through this in a shop and thought the pictures looked nice, and they do; very pretty indeed. However, there isn't much in the way of inspiration for projects; there are about 9 pages left intentionally blank for you to jot your OWN ideas down; and if I read the words 'handy dandy' or 'peachy' once more, I shan't be held responsible for my actions! I realise every writer has their own style, but what might seem cutesy and cool on a blog is irritating in the extreme in print.

Also, the projects aren't anything you couldn't have thought of yourself. One of them is painted wooden hangers- 'get your hangers; paint them'. And they're called recipes, not projects... All in all, only buy this if you have a very high tolerance for cutesy, twee, coquettish middle-class girlishness. I haven't, and I will probably give this book away to anyone who'll have it.
on 21 November 2012
I really wanted to like this book... I'm sure the two writers are brilliant artists and inspirational people but I there isn't loads of variety in this book and it failed to inspire me. Lots of use of dollies, 3 ideas on sanding down furniture and repainting, 30% of ideas were crocheting.... Of none of those ideas are your thing then its slim-pickings. Also 4-6 pages were left intentionally blank for the reader to jot down ideas, I don't know about other crafters but i have my own book for ideas and sketches so I felt this was a bit naughty really. Really pretty book, well written and with some lovely pictures but overall when it comes to actual craftiness it's a bit of a 'fur coat and no knickers' situation.
on 29 September 2013
I recently became a grandmother so when I saw the word "granny" I just had to buy it. This book is beautifully bound and eye candy to see.

What else can I say? I love it!
on 20 July 2013
Beautiful book full of great ideas !! It's inspired me to make 2 cushions already !!
Love it love it love it

Michele Cooper A knitting nutter !!