Customer reviews

on 7 November 2012
Unique Recipes from "Nan's" Kitchen

I really enjoyed this recipe e-book. It is worth the investment. What I appreciated MOST about "Grandma's Secret Recipes" is the creativity and variety of the recipes in this top-notch resource for excellent recipes.

I liked the author's introduction as well. 'Nan,' as she is known by her large family, explains why she is revealing her "secret" recipes.

Basically, over the years, she has witnessed, first hand, the unfortunate degradation of quality family togetherness. She explains that her cooking over the years has kept her family together and she hopes that sharing her recipes will act as a type of "glue" that might help bring other families closer together. I think that is a sweet sentiment (yes...pun intended!)

Back to the recipes, they are indeed unique, and there is quite a variety. You not only get the insight of Nan's Desserts, but there are plenty of other types of ingenious recipes ranging from Lasagna and Beef Stew, to Powdered French Toast and Blueberry Sourdough Pancakes.

There is a recipe for everyone and almost every occasion in this e-book (it's NOT simply a collection of dessert recipes, which I originally thought it might be!) I highly recommend it as an addition to anyone's recipe collection!

JoannaJean
on 7 November 2012
This book is terrific, it absolutely transcended me back to the days in my Grammy's kitchen. Where I learned to joy of cooking. It's not all about the food, it's about building the strength of family. Take a step beyond the measuring cups and remember why food brings people together, gathering together around the dinner is love.

In addition to some pretty awesome recipes, the tips for maintaining a cleanliness - but without slaving in the kitchen - tremendous. To be honest the suggestions should be obvious, nonetheless, they are probably not commonplace. I have now implemented several of the suggestions and hey, guess what? My clean-up time has really decreased!

Good book, super value!
on 27 April 2013
I was expecting simple British home cooking, however this is American & instead of roast beef & Yorkshire pudding, I got spaghetti & sourdough cookies. Interesting recipes but definitely not what I was looking for. I should have viewed a sample before buying.
on 18 November 2012
When browsing for a kindle book that had some great recipes but was inexpensive I found Grandmas Recipes. The book really has a great table of contents. I have done a lot of searching, and one thing I notice many of the books at a low cost don't have much or have the "usual" recipes. Grandmas Recipes is packed full of great recipes, a little of Nan's charm, comfort foods, and baked goodies. I definitely recommend this book.
on 23 November 2012
I love cooking home meals and too many times these days we find oruselves hitting up fast food restaurants or ordering pizza. What happened to good old family meals? this recipe book is great for offering the chance to cook those home cooked meals and I love the recipes found in this book! Definitely takes me back to when I was a little girl cooking with my mom or grandma!
on 12 November 2012
This book is a really great recipe book with amazing recipes inside. First off, it has a few recipes that pasta lovers will love. It also has delicious meat based recipes that I think most meat lovers will love. This book also has a few recipes that are vegetarian like the mashed potato recipe. It also has a few scrumptious dessert recipes including the brownie and pie recipes. This book has really quick and simple snack recipes that can please any crowd. Included in this book are cleaning tips that can be really helpful. The cleaning tips can be especially helpful if you need to know quick kitchen cleaning tips.

Whether you are old or young, you will find that the recipes in this book are really good and can be used on just about any occasion. You should buy this book if you need quick recipes or just want to add more recipes to your collection of recipes.
on 18 November 2012
Not only did I enjoy reading the introduction to this cookbook, which really lets you know that there is a great deal of love and passion coming from Grandma Nan, but the selection of recipes is great. Baked goodies, comfort foods, and just all sorts of delicious recipes. It is great to have such a great cookbook for the kindle. As I noticed from other reviews, this has been a book that has been passed from friend to friend and family member to family member, which is exactly how I got my copy of Grandma's Recipes, and I truly am thankful that I was passed the cookbook.
on 19 November 2012
Another great collection of Grandma's recipes. I just loved this cookbook! I rarely buy cookbooks but this is full of practical & fun recipes. She tells you where you can use store bought items and when to make something fresh. i am totally delighted with this cookbook. I have already made several recipes from it.My daughter was so impressed with it that she is going to order one for herself and a few as gifts. Overall, I would highly recommend it. If you are looking for something with a bunch of healthy recipes, this may not be the cook book for you.
on 10 November 2012
This is the greatest recipe book ever. The fact that some of the recipes are over 80 years old, makes me respect the book and those recipes as well. This is not just quick and easy recipe book. Instead, inside are hiding grandma s best recipes. You can be sure that following the book, You will enjoy Your time in kitchen making wonderful meals from the cookbook that was passing through generations and generations, again enjoying at the culinary arts represented inside.
on 11 November 2012
This Kindle book makes a great gift. I bought this cookbook for my daughter so she can have all the delicious recipes for comfort food I remember my "Granny" making. These recipes are all the AMAZING family recipes in one place. As my daughters own family grows she can have these quick and easy recipes. There is no way you can beat the price for a whole year of recipes. This kindle book is a terrific way to let my daughter try her hand in the culinary arts!