- Platform: PlayStation 3
- PEGI Rating: Ages 3 and Over
- Media: Video Game
- Item Quantity: 1
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ £4.06 UK delivery
+ £2.03 UK delivery
Grand Slam Tennis 2 - Move Compatible (PS3)
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Platform: PlayStation 3
Grand Slam Tennis 2 will feature all four Grand Slam championships and is the only game to feature Wimbledon. Players can experience the thrill of serving up aces on Wimbledon's prestigious Centre Court or hitting cross-court winners on the clay courts of the French Open. In addition, the game features a deep roster of elite past and present players and will be coming worldwide in 2012.
- All-new total racquet control: Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads and volleys with precision, accuracy and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top!
- Become a champion: Become a true Grand Slam tournament champion by capturing all four major championships in succession. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis come alive like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open and exclusive to EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis franchise - Wimbledon.
- PlayStation Move Support: The motion control experience gets you on your feet and puts a racquet right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis masters, you truly have the chance to swing your way to victory.
- Legends of now and then: Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Bjorn Borg, Maria Sharapova, Serena and Venus Williams and exclusive to EA Sports Grand Slam Tennis franchise, seventeen-time winner of a Grand Slam tournament John McEnroe.
- Professional, Realistic, Organic (P.R.O.). AI: The playing styles and behaviors of the sport's greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings and emotional reactions. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend whether playing on
Feel the true excitement and emotion of championship tennis with EA SPORTS Grand Slam Tennis 2. For the first time in HD and on the next generation platforms, experience the thrill of winning at Wimbledon and capturing all four Grand Slam tournaments. Rise to stardom with the revolutionary Total Racket Control as you challenge a deep roster of elite players, including Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, Sharapova, Borg, and McEnroe. With immersive PlayStation Move support, authentic gameplay, ESPN broadcast integration, a deep 10-year career mode and so much more, get ready to Swing the racket like a Grand Slam champion with Grand Slam Tennis 2.
- All-New Total Racket Control—Control every shot with the right analog stick, smashing forehands, backhands, overheads, and volleys with precision, accuracy, and power. Utilize this innovative control system to take your game to the top!
- PlayStation Move Support—An immersive motion control experience puts a racket right in the palm of your hands. From casual players to tennis superstars, PlayStation Move gives you the chance to swing your way to victory.
- Win all four Grand Slam tournaments—Become a true Grand Slam champion by capturing all four major championships, for the first time ever in Next Gen gaming. The prestige of some of the most historic events in tennis jumps to life like never before, including the Australian Open, French Open, U.S. Open, and exclusive to EA SPORTS, Wimbledon.
- Legends of Now and Then—Play with or against more than 20 of the greatest players to ever grace the courts, including Djokovic, Federer, Nadal, Djokovic, Borg, Sharapova, the Williams sisters, and exclusive to Grand Slam Tennis 2, seventeen time Grand Slam winner John McEnroe.
- P.R.O. AI—The playing styles and behaviors of the sport’s greatest stars are captured right down to their signature swings. Realistic tactics and strategies are your keys to success against each legend on a variety of court surfaces including clay and grass. The organic AI adapts to your game so there’s never a dull moment in Grand Slam Tennis 2.
- ESPN Grand Slam Classics—Relive the most memorable moments in tennis. From Borg vs. McEnroe to Nadal vs. Federer, play your way through history while unlocking up to 25 amazing Grand Slam moments.
- The Deepest Tennis Experience—Play countless hours of tennis in a deep 10-year Career mode or battle head-to-head online. Experience a wide variety of online gameplay features, including EA SPORTS Game Face and more, keeping your experience fresh and authentic.
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Top Customer Reviews
Control using the standard controller is excellent, you can really get behind the shots and feel where you are putting the ball. After a few days though it was apparent that we were missing out and we took the decision (one that was already in my mind) that we would invest in Move controllers. This really does take it to another level, and it makes the game even more immersive and awesome. If you enjoy tennis on the Wii (and who doesn't?) then this will literally blow you away.
The mark of a good game for me is whether you are still playing it a week or so later, when the sun is shining and the initial interest has waned, especially as my kids don't really watch or play that much tennis (I would love EA to bring out a cricket game). In this respect my son in particular is still playing it when he needs a rest form the garden. Now exams are over I'm happy for him to crank up a tournament.
I haven't gone in to the options as you can read these in the description. What I would say is that this is one of the greatest sports games you will ever play, and one that has finally got Fifa 12 out of the PS3.
The only negative aspect is the lack of female players, however don't let this put you off.
Great game, you can use 4 different modes of controller.
1. Move controller (best)
2. Move controller and nun chuck (difficult to use - similar to topspin)
3. PS3 controller analogue sticks
4. Standard PS3 controller with four buttons.
Overall this is a good game. Anybody who loves watching tennis on TV and follows it throughout the year (or at least follows the 4 grand slams in the year) will enjoy this game. Some of the top players, such as Federer, Nadal and Djokovic, have been accurately portrayed with their signature shot-making/grunts/what-have-you. This is something that the tennis fanatic will appreciate, but not something that will matter too much to anybody else. In short, this feels like a tennis game that has been made by a group of people who have clearly analysed tennis on TV.
There is a lot of comparison between this and two other prominent tennis games released last year - Top Spin 4 and Virtua Tennis 4. Personally, I did not play VT4 because I find the virtua tennis series a bit too arcade-esque for my liking. Top Spin 4, however, was the best tennis game I had played! Top spin 4 or Grand Slam tennis? Well the truth is, there are elements in both games that make each shine in their own way.
Overall, I am not hugely impressed with the fluidity of the gameplay - there are moments when the transition from one shot to another just seems odd and unrealistic. In this regard, Top spin 4 in my opinion is the winner with a more solid and varied gameplay. For example, attempting a lob in Grand Slam tennis is pointless as the CPU always manages to smash it! Also, serve and volley can become somewhat arduous when you find yourself playing a game of ping-pong at the net rather than tactical tennis! These are somewhat minor problems, but nonetheless issues that prevent GS2 from being super smooth.
On the graphics/sound/presentation front, GS2 is an absolute winner!Read more ›
What sets this title apart,for me,is the straightforward instinctive gameplay utilising left/right sticks to control movement/stroke play on the controller - this system works so well and allows you to concentrate on the in-game play at hand rather than complex button-heavy code combinations (afterall,isn't that how sport is played!?)
I hadn't taken to sports games in the past for that very reason - all the button-bashing seemed so counter-intuitive and unnatural. The system here allows you to enjoy tennis for its own sake with little thought to having to master the complexities of the controller,and I love it for that!
This game loves spontanious,casual gamers who enjoy sport rather than techno-stuff. It seduces with it's good looks,rich content and natural beauty of control. Tech-heads need not apply..sport lovers are most welcome!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Good graphics however in my opinion it's quite hard to see the ballPublished 10 months ago by Adam Green
Nice game. I wanted the career section to be more competitive. Overall is a good game with nice graphics and game play.Published 20 months ago by Alex