Customer reviews

on 3 April 2001
It was the theme tune which brought back cherished memories when I watched this video recently while baby-sitting my 3-year-old nephew. I hadn't recognised the programme simply from the picture on the cover; which was strange because half way through the the first episode I found myself able to recite some of the script from memory.
Being a product of Woodland Animations, 'Gran' displays the same animated qualities of 'Postman Pat', so young fans of the Greendale postie will feel at home with these 12 classic episodes, each of which run for around four minutes in length.
For parents not familiar with 'Gran', each episode centres around a little old lady who lives by herself but is frequently visited by her grandson, 'Jim'. Together, these two get into all sorts of adventures including playing football, going camping and even hand-gliding!
I would have been eight-years-old when 'Gran' was first shown, although it is aimed at younger children; around three to six years I would imagine but this doesn't mean that the 'young-at-heart' won't enjoy it too.
Where 'Gran' succeeds above many modern children's programmes is in the simplicity and innocence of the stories. It's because of the sheer simplicity that the story-lines appear ageless. It proves that what works for one generation works for another. Suitable for both boys and girls alike, 'Gran' stands the test of time well - my little nephew certainly enjoyed it!
I hope that this proves to be of help to parents looking for quality entertainment for their child. Most importantly, I hope that their children enjoy 'Gran' as much as I did all those years ago.
on 12 December 2002
This really is a brilliant video for kids. Gran is little old lady, but does hang-gliding, roller skating and every pursuit that younger people think Grans can't do! Really bridges the age gap. My kids loved it and so did their Gran! Timeless!
on 24 September 2005
I've been looking for this video for so long. and its and absolute bargain everyone loves gran. It has stood the test of time so well, tho its been about 6 years since i saw it i remember the theme tune and half the words anyway!
on 8 August 2015
my grandaughter aged 8 loves this and we play it over and over - since she was very little.but it is still a favourite
on 11 August 2015
Bought for my son - I have not looked at it. I think he likes it.
on 17 August 2015