on 13 July 2003
I'm moving to a new school and was going to copy parts of this book before I left (ssshh!) but then I realised that I will miss so much of it, so I've decided to get my own copy.
Stuff that springs to mind...
Bingo - time, phone numbers, irregular verbs
A day in the life of... - info gap for times routines
Routines - cards, interview forms
the adverb game - mime adverbs
the BEST Tefl activity EVER! - Ask and Tell game
What a Question - thought provoking 2nd conditional Qs for discussion - "Would you choose to have your little finger cut off if it could guarantee you immunity from major diseases?" etc.
There's loads I've missed out but it's been a great resource and I want to take it with me! Just take it off the shelf, photocopy and there you go - ready made practice acitivties that really work - trust me, I've used them often enough...
on 23 November 2005
This is a very good book. It contains activities graded for students of different levels. Some activities can be done in pairs and others in small groups. Games are intended to practice grammar structures ranging from the basic ones (gerunds, present, past, word order) to the most advanced ones (conditionals, phrasal verbs, reported speech, etc). Activities involve information gap, bingo, guessing games, problem-solving, role plays, find the differences, jigsaw readings, surveys, memory and board games. All games are photocopiable and the visuals are really attractive. If you like playing games with your students (no matter their age) this book can't miss in your library!
on 11 March 2001
This book is an absolute gem for anyone taching EFL but particularly for those travelling around, as it contains games and activities which can be made at your teaching institution, rather than carrying lots and lots of boards and pieces etc. There is a clear index for items covered and activities cover all levels and each activity has the potential to be adapted for a level other than that for which it was designed.
on 18 November 1999
i think thah is a good book for help in the study of english, specially for childrens and tennagers
on 17 June 2016
A very useful book. Firstly, and other publishers PLEASE take note, it's spiral bound so it's easy to photocopy. Secondly, it has activities for every level, from beginner to advanced with 11 activities in each of the 5 sections. There are clear teaching instructions for each activity and it's very clear as to whether the activity is a teacher-led/whole class/group/pair or individual activity along with a further clear indication regarding the amount of preparation required. The index clearly shows which grammar structures are being used. All activities are between 10 and 30 minutes long, which gives plenty of time for pre-activity revision of the relevant structure plus follow-up time. I've deducted 1 star for having rather more Bingo games than I would have liked but I'm being a bit picky.... ;)
on 11 October 2011
Just invested in this book and it's a great time saver with good quality pair work activities. Covers all levels and the instructions are fairly clear. Students have been enjoying these. Well worth it.
on 28 September 2009
I really like all the activities in these books. I didn't know that the author had broken the activities into two books, as I had the old, original one. I like that original one, as it covered beginning and intermediate ESL levels. It would be great if you could get both books in one volume. I would have ordered both at the time and saved postage, if I had known.
on 5 March 2003
I have found this book to be a great asset to teaching, saving time for me and providing the students with useful and genuinely entertaining practice. It is a worthwhile investment.