2 year Breakdown & Accidental Damage Coverfrom London General Insurance Company Limited
- 2yr accidental damage cover (from purchase) and 1yr breakdown cover (starting 12 months from purchase).
- E-mail delivery of policy documents; by post on request. Cancel any time; full refund within 45 days, proportional thereafter.
- If your product cannot be repaired, you choose between a replacement or an Amazon Gift Card to the value of a replacement.
- Only covers products purchased on the same day from amazon.co.uk.
- Read the Insurance Product Information Document, other important information and policy terms and conditions before purchase by following the link(s) below and check the policy meets your needs.
Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE MM Phono Stage
|Price:||£255.00 FREE delivery.|
- Make sure this fits by entering your model number.
- MM Phono Stage
- 50% More gain than the Gram Amp 2
- Highly Regarded
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers also shopped for
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
The Gram Amp 2 Special Edition phono stage preamp was first launched in 2001 with a number of improvements over its legendary stable mate, the Gram Amp 2 (now called the Communicator).
The Special Edition of the Gram Amp 2 phono stage preamp features 50 percent more gain to deliver a higher output favoured by owners of passive preamps when using medium to high output (4.5mV or above) moving magnet phono cartridges. However, it can be used with all moving magnet, moving iron and high output moving coil cartridges.
• 2007 Editors Choice Awards: The Absolute Sound - October 2007
• Editors Choice - Best Buy phono preamplifier: The Absolute Sound - Issue 144 October/November 2003
• Recommended System Component: Stereophile October 2003
• Recommended System Component: Stereophile April 2003
• Recommended Best Buy: The Absolute Sound Dec 2002/Jan2003
For the 2009/2010 season, the Gram Amp 2 Special Edition phono stage preamp is supplied with a universal-voltage energy-efficient mains plug mounted power supply. It can also be powered by our PSU1 power supply which can be ordered separately.
• Input range: 2mV - 10mV rms
• Output range (for above inputs): 224mV to 1120mV rms
• Gain: 41dB (Av 112) ref 1kHz
• Phase margin: 90 degrees
• Maximum input level: 41mV (ref: 1 kHz)
• Input impedance resistive: 47k Ohms
• Input impedance capacitive: 100pF
• Output noise: (CCIR Q-Pk 22Hz-22 kHz) -74dB
• Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) -115dB
• Reproduction characteristic: RIAA within 0.5dB total deviation 20Hz-20kHz
• Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise measured at 80Hz, 1kHz, 5.6 kHz and 16 kHz: <0.05% (typically <0.015% at 1 kHz)
Showing 1-4 of 4 reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But... It's bass shy. Also low level detail is not very clear or lost. Its major weakness is price. I'll do a comparison...
I acquired a Yaqin Chinese made valve phono stage, model ms-22b mk2. It cost about $185US including postage. The Yaqin is superior in basically all areas, especially the bass presence and detail and I believe I'll be using it for a long time. Also surface noise is further reduced and has less circuit noise, though circuit noise is not an issue with the Slee.
Maybe the Slee will last longer than the Yaqin. Maybe it won't? But the Yaqin cost $185, and sounds quite a lot better; in fact it's the sound I have been looking for! Thanks for reading.
NB*** When I bought the Slee, I also bought the separate slee psu1 power supply, which for a simple (I assume well-made) transformer, is very expensive. I was non-plused when it made only a small improvement to the sound (sometimes unnoticeable). It probably makes more of a difference with the higher end models.***
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com