Other Sellers on Amazon
+ FREE delivery
Graham Slee Gram Amp 2 SE MM Phono Stage
|Price:||£255.00 FREE delivery.|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- MM Phono Stage
- 50% More gain than the Gram Amp 2
- Highly Regarded
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you've entered a valid question. You can edit your question or post anyway.
The Gram Amp 2 Special Edition phono stage preamp was first launched in 2001 with a number of improvements over its legendary stable mate, the Gram Amp 2 (now called the Communicator).
The Special Edition of the Gram Amp 2 phono stage preamp features 50 percent more gain to deliver a higher output favoured by owners of passive preamps when using medium to high output (4.5mV or above) moving magnet phono cartridges. However, it can be used with all moving magnet, moving iron and high output moving coil cartridges.
• 2007 Editors Choice Awards: The Absolute Sound - October 2007
• Editors Choice - Best Buy phono preamplifier: The Absolute Sound - Issue 144 October/November 2003
• Recommended System Component: Stereophile October 2003
• Recommended System Component: Stereophile April 2003
• Recommended Best Buy: The Absolute Sound Dec 2002/Jan2003
For the 2009/2010 season, the Gram Amp 2 Special Edition phono stage preamp is supplied with a universal-voltage energy-efficient mains plug mounted power supply. It can also be powered by our PSU1 power supply which can be ordered separately.
• Input range: 2mV - 10mV rms
• Output range (for above inputs): 224mV to 1120mV rms
• Gain: 41dB (Av 112) ref 1kHz
• Phase margin: 90 degrees
• Maximum input level: 41mV (ref: 1 kHz)
• Input impedance resistive: 47k Ohms
• Input impedance capacitive: 100pF
• Output noise: (CCIR Q-Pk 22Hz-22 kHz) -74dB
• Equivalent Input Noise (EIN) -115dB
• Reproduction characteristic: RIAA within 0.5dB total deviation 20Hz-20kHz
• Total Harmonic Distortion plus noise measured at 80Hz, 1kHz, 5.6 kHz and 16 kHz: <0.05% (typically <0.015% at 1 kHz)
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
But... It's bass shy. Also low level detail is not very clear or lost. Its major weakness is price. I'll do a comparison...
I acquired a Yaqin Chinese made valve phono stage, model ms-22b mk2. It cost about $185US including postage. The Yaqin is superior in basically all areas, especially the bass presence and detail and I believe I'll be using it for a long time. Also surface noise is further reduced and has less circuit noise, though circuit noise is not an issue with the Slee.
Maybe the Slee will last longer than the Yaqin. Maybe it won't? But the Yaqin cost $185, and sounds quite a lot better; in fact it's the sound I have been looking for! Thanks for reading.
NB*** When I bought the Slee, I also bought the separate slee psu1 power supply, which for a simple (I assume well-made) transformer, is very expensive. I was non-plused when it made only a small improvement to the sound (sometimes unnoticeable). It probably makes more of a difference with the higher end models.***
Most helpful customer reviews on Amazon.com