Customer reviews

HALL OF FAMETOP 500 REVIEWERon 8 January 2012
My Grado Carry Case version is the original one or 'the small version' in this listing (that cost me £21), and it is is designed for all Grado headphones except the GS1000e, PS1000e and iGrados. This official Grado case is well made, rigid and covered in cloth, with a sculptured insert exclusively designed to take Grado headphones (as the L and R ear cups have to rotate flat to fit into the case). These sculptured structures are fixed into the case and can't be removed. There's a little grip to hold the cables as they leave the cups and the rest of the headphone cable easily rolls up into the central well. My Grado SR-125s fit in perfectly and there's plenty of room for the headphones cable and the short Grado Adaptor Cable 6.3mm to 3.5mm (15cm Length) if you have one. I leave my larger 15 foot Grado 450cm Extension Cable lead in the separate plastic slip case it came with.

Fitting my headphones into the case I noticed that the cable on my left headphone cup has become badly twisted around, easy to happen as the headphone cup units swivel round to allow a single cup to be held to the ear, recording studio style. This is probably why some say they get failures in the cable at this point, as the ear cups can spin the wrong way round and twist and strain the cable causing it to fail - so watch out for that (fortunately rotating the cups back to the correct orientation undid the twisted cable). I expect the kids twisted the cable moving the uncased headphones about in the storage cupboard. Now that the cups are held firm within this case such damage is less likely to occur. I tend to use my HiFi Grado headphones once a week or less, so this case is great for 'longer term' storage or transporting them about. As others here say, if you use your headphones frequently every day constantly folding the headphones down flat may also put a bit of a strain on them, so the usefulness of this carry case depends on how you use your headphones (and whether you have kids about).

The case is 20 x 22 x 5cm and zips together with one zip pull. It seems quite good value for the protection it offers my expensive SR-125 headphones, so 5*. Grado say this case is compatible with the Grado SR-60, SR-80, SR-125, SR-225, SR-325, RS-2 and RS-1 headphones.
review imagereview imagereview image
21 people found this helpful
on 20 April 2014
If you own mid to high end Grado headphones you want to look after them right? Well this case is great and worth the extra money over the cheaper generic cases (I know, I own one of those too). To start with it is square which allows a bit more room for the headphones to sit. There is moulding inside the case for the headband and ear cups which hold everything firmly in place when moving around. And perhaps the best feature is that there is a clip you push the jack plug into (I always worried about it roaming free in other cases and how this might result in my beloved SR325is getting scratched). If you own decent Grado's treat them, they're worth it. And I paid less for this than I did a pair of L Cushions!!!
4 people found this helpful
on 23 May 2015
From outside this case looks nice. Headphones are well protected. But inside it does not look that good. My SR325e fit really snugly. I feel that if I would take headphones in and out too often the cushions, leather band and cable would get damaged. Don't like the material in the case where you place the headphones. It is like some thing you would find in the box when you buy headphones and not in case designed to carry and protect them. I am giving 4* because the price is not bad and protection from outside is really good. Attaching few photos so you can judge the inlay quality for yourself.
review imagereview imagereview image
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 February 2014
What can you say other than it is a case for the Grado's. It isn't designed for anything else and what it does it does reasonably well. There is plenty or room for the headphones, the 3.5mm adapter and the extension lead fits into the mesh bag which velcro's to the lid of the box. The box itself is semi rigid with a felt like feel and one continuous zip going all around it.

I am only giving it 4 stars because Grado should provide this for free with their £1200 headphones. If Bose can supply one with their £300 headphones then Grado have no excuse.
3 people found this helpful
on 23 December 2012
The box my Grado SR125i headphones came supplied with was more suitable for storing doughnuts in than good quality headphones. I never considered getting a proper case for them until I found my 'phones resting on a plate of toast crumbs.

This semi rigid case seems to be of decent quality, with a sculptured interior, and the exterior finished in a kind of fabric material. The headphones fit well inside and the case shuts nicely with a good quality zip.

I know some people wouldn't even spend this amount on a pair of headphones, let alone a case, but if you own a pair of Grados then this product is actually excellent value for money.
on 20 February 2014
It is a good case. Solid, really protective.
Be aware of one thing: it is for traveling. You can use it home, but requires a significant degree of cable twisting to fit everything in;
therefore, if you want to store your beloved Grado headphones home, any soft bag would be enough to protect it from dust.
For travelling it seems great, as the headphones cannot possibly move inside, and the outer shell is very solid and hard.

Arrived on time, perfectly packed.
2 people found this helpful
on 15 July 2013
With its solid (but not rigid) construction and the Grado-specific moulding in the interior, this case provides a sturdy, protective housing for your Grado cans.

The earpieces and headband are held firmly in place, with no possibility of them clanging about the case in transit. There's enough space to coil up your cable, even with a Grado jack adapter fitted as well.

An altogether great purchase, and a no-brainer if you want to look after your spangly Grados.
on 14 June 2011
this is an excellent case for any of the reference series of grado phones, luxurious velvet padding including a slot for the jack and a tough outer shell makes sure your grados are well looked after, this is the case that grado should give with their phones but dont, just look at the box grados come in, about 20 pence worth, even my SR325si's, which are over £300, I suppose this makes sure all the cost goes into the part that matters, the headphones, highly recommended.
on 20 July 2013
I initially didn't buy a case to go with my SR60s, but fairly quickly decided it would be a very wise investment to protect a very excellent pair of headphones.

The fit is fantastic, snug and secure without being cramped and the case is very tough and inflexible. Despite the price I would definitely recommend this as an essential purchase for any Grado headphones.
on 12 January 2018
Case is very sturdy and well built. Minus 1 star because fit is a little too tight.