• Grace

Customer reviews

Grace
Format: Paperback|Change

on 3 March 2016
I like this book which is so down to earth and real and yet speaks about Gods grace with knowledge, authority and an obvious experience of it.
on 25 June 2013
I'm enjoying the book very much. Max comes up with challenging ideas and also practical examples for growing and interacting. I can easily recommend this book for serious Christians and it is also a easy read with his well known humour.
on 1 May 2017
Tatty cover so fairly poor quality.
on 18 November 2014
This was a present and I don't know much about it.
on 31 July 2016
Quick delivery, matches description
on 14 November 2012
I am a fan of Max Lucado’s books and have many including his children’s books so i was excited to read and review his book Grace.

I really found myself being challenged by this book, having to reread parts again wondering if I had really understood what I was reading.

Grace is something I have struggled with I try to earn it. Max drove home that Grace is given and by trying to earn it I’m taking away the beauty of this amazing gift.

My believing that I have to be perfect to receive God’s love is not understanding the enormity of the cross.

In this book Max doesn’t hold his punches, he takes my, our excuses and tears them into and shows them up as the lies of the enemy.

The book holds us to account over our overuse of the word Grace without any real understanding.

The study guide is an extra gift that I have enjoyed working my way through.

I recommend this book as another Max Lucado book worth having.
on 2 March 2014
Each book written by Max Lucado talks about living a life of worship before God. I’m filled with passion and desire to know and love the Savior more and more. Each book revolves around the person of Jesus Christ.

Max gives us the privilege in Grace. More than we deserve, Greater than we imagine, to look at God revealed to us in Christ Jesus, but goes even further and challenges us to jump in the arms of God’s grace, a grace that changes us, transforms us, shapes us and strengthens our lives. It meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us.

This book is real. Like God’s grace. No theories. Live words.

This is life as war zone. Drought, doubt, debt, and disease, and Max is sharing some of his battles, some of his dark moments. He’s speaking about his heart procedure or the time when he struggled about his beer cravings and his confession in the church about his hypocrisy. It wasn’t easy but it was grace at work.

Tara Storch loosing her daughter and finding grace, Victoria Ruvolo offering grace to her attacker -God gave me a second chance at life, and I passed on-, the forgiving Amish community after a terrible tragic moment that took the life of several young girls, all these powerful stories are also in the book.

As a minister I’m interested not only in the devotional side of a book but also in the theological. Max is very honest and he doesn’t want to lead you astray.

I want to be careful here. Truth is, we do not always know is someone has trusted God’s grace. A person may have feigned belief but not meant it. It isn’t our to know. But we know this: where there is genuine conversion, there is eternal salvation.

A devotional, theological and motivational book about experiencing God’s grace. It comes with a study plan at the end, helping you to lay the foundations.

When I finished the book I honestly prayed for opportunities to share this grace. After a few moments God gave me the opportunity to do so. Wonderful. God does not delay in answering to such requests.
[...]
on 29 October 2012
Such beautiful reminders of Gods grace to us. Bought for a gift but once started I couldn't put it down so buying more copies for Xmas presses!
Thanks again Max...keep up the good work!
on 18 January 2014
Max in plain English demonstrates to us through this book the principal of 2way Grace. We are continually blessed to be a blessing!
on 31 December 2012
Great book, great writer. What m ore can be said. A really helpful, informative and useful book. Even used it to quote from in Theology and Phylosophy question answers as part of a study I undertook.