• Grace

Customer reviews

Format: Paperback|Change

on 16 August 2015
Grace is one of the best collections of poetry I’ve read in a long time. I thought every poem was great. I loved the language and the imagery. The poet uses simple but beautiful language. In every poem, I had a perfect picture in my head of what the poet was trying to say. Interestingly enough, I think this collection would be great in audio. I could easily go to a beach, lie back, listen to these poems on my MP3 player and just drift away. Grace offers plenty of examples of what a great poem should be – the best words in the best order. The language used is simple, direct and straight to the point. Morgan doesn’t use puns or tricks or gimmicks or complex structures, just pages and pages of beautiful and perfect words. My personal favourites were The Nature of Things, The Edge of Something, As I Walked Out, What Happens While We Are Sleeping and Spare Room in Summer. I can’t recommend this brilliant collection enough.
on 28 February 2012
I really enjoyed these delicately wrought meditative poems that capture moments that might otherwise pass unnoticed. Beauty in language, sound and image, and wise with it. There are many memorable poems in this collection, a worthy nominee for the T.S.Eliot prize.
on 26 June 2015
This is a wonderful collection - the very best of contemporary poetry - because it engages with what matters, and isn't just a parade of clever wordsmithery! I've had the book for over a year now, and keep returning to it with delight!
on 29 February 2012
This is a must have for all poetry lovers and geeks alike. It uses simple yet beautiful language which creates amazing images in your mind.
on 31 October 2014
excellent publication - totally recommend the poems to other interested people
on 20 July 2012
I'm probably too unsubtle for this kind of stuff, but I find it deeply unsatisfying. It may be pretty at times but there's no real substance to the work, notwithstanding the restrained metaphysical references. It's all about the unsaid - rather like a meal with the relatives. The trouble is that what it implies isn't worth pondering more than once.