- Paperback: 238 pages
- Publisher: HarperOne; Reprint edition (1 Sept. 2006)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 006085829X
- ISBN-13: 978-0060858292
- Product Dimensions: 13.5 x 1.5 x 20.3 cm
- Average Customer Review: 5.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Bestsellers Rank: 2,266,524 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
The Gospel of Jesus: A Historical Search for the Original Good News Paperback – 1 Sep 2006
- Choose from over 13,000 locations across the UK
- Prime members get unlimited deliveries at no additional cost
- Find your preferred location and add it to your address book
- Dispatch to this address when you check out
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
About the Author
James M. Robinson, consultant for this collection, is widely known for his groundbreaking contribution as the permanent secretary of UNESCO's International Committee for the Nag Hammadi codices, and his many published works on Gnostic texts and the Sayings Gospel Q.
Top Customer Reviews
Most Helpful Customer Reviews on Amazon.com (beta) (May include reviews from Early Reviewer Rewards Program)
With that said..
If you're looking for a more secular, less theological exposition of Jesus' sayings, it really doesn't get any better than this book. The author does a fantastic job of telling you what kind of life style Christ demanded of his followers without mixing it up with modern notions of the Gospel, or framing it in doctrine. To say it in jive: My dude takes it back old school. Back to Palestine. No preaching. No high-falutin crap. Just Jesus, straight raw.